• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HPSAuto v1.0.1 Melee Music Patcher (BUG FIX) **UPDATE**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mewantmorpie

Smash Rookie
Need help, all the files come out as 28mb and when I try to recompile the iso I get an error saying that the resulting file is too large. I've made a working iso before but with less music tracks (and it was PAL, not 20XX).

Edit: I can only have a maximum of 2 custom tracks so 20XX just has less space to offer than PAL, so the question for me atm is, why does every track I make become 28mb?

Edit2: Noticed it's the same in the example video so I guess the random music option in 20XX is pointless since I can't choose my own music :(
There's a reply earlier that asked your question and the maker of the program suggested replacing the MvOmake15.mth and MvHowto.mth with MvEndLuigi.mth in order to free up space.

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
There's a reply earlier that asked your question and the maker of the program suggested replacing the MvOmake15.mth and MvHowto.mth with MvEndLuigi.mth in order to free up space.
Oh thanks I'm surprised I didn't see that post, I'll give it a try.

xZaelx

Smash Rookie
Hey, I followed every single step on your video correctly and I tried multiple times but everytime I try to boot it up on Dios Mios I get the notification "Fatal error apploader size zero!" Please help :(. Im using 20xx and I used the hectohertz 20xx tutorial in case you need that information where i use the SD card

Achilles1515

Smash Master

_Puffs_

Banned via Warnings
"Fix that" as in disable it? You can do that in the 20XX debug menu.
So I'm in a situation involving custom 20XX audio that I would think would be easily solvable.

I noticed that, when editing stage/menu music in the debug menu, other audio files beyond those that exist in Melee were added (sweet touch, especially with the Timesplitters and Splatoon tracks). So now I'm wanting to replace some of the extra tracks with my own (I already know from OP guide where and how to convert MP3 files to HPS), but the only problem is that when I looked through 20XX v4.05's ISO audio in GCRebuilder, I couldn't distinguish the extra tracks from each other because they were all labeled with only one or two numbers, one or two letters, or different combos inbetween solong as they were two characters long (i.e.: 0F.hps , 00.hps , 0D.hps , 48.hps , 4A.hps, etc.).

My ultimate goal is to add/replace one or more of the tracks available to choose within the debug menu of 20XX v4.05.

Don_Duro

Smash Rookie
HPSAuto v1.0 Melee Music Patcher ( V1.0.1 BUG FIX)
Made by SheiktheOgre & Goatlink

***Please install .NET 4.5 before downloading***
YOU CAN NOT USE SONGS LONGER THAN 13:59 in length. Please clip your song down.

THIS PATCHER ONLY WORKS WITH .WAV files. Convert to wav: (http://media.io/)

Description:
HPSAuto is a patching program that takes WAVE music files, inserts them into an HPS file (Thanks GSUB),
loops (if selected), and renders the file usable in modified melee ISOs.

Instructions:
Step 1: Place your .wav file in the folder titled "HPSAuto"
Step 2: Rename the .wav file to "music.wav"
Step 3: Run HPSAuto.exe
Step 4: Enter the total time (**use seconds only**) in the box
Step 5: Check whether or not you want it to loop
Step 6: Click "Patch"
Step 7: Choose a location and name to save the hps file
Step 8: Press any key after the command prompt is done
Step 9: Enjoy!

TroubleShooting
Problem: The application could not start
Solution: You don't have .NET 4.5 installed. Download and install .NET 4.5: www.microsoft.com/net

Notes
i. Thanks to GSUB and GodFed for creating HPS_Insert.exe

ii. This is build 1.0. There may be bugs. Please report them in this thread.
iii. This program is recommended only for use with stage song or menu song files. This is because of a known issue with songs that do not have the loop option checked. The problem is that there is a soft-ish clicking sound that plays for up to 15 minutes. This bug will be fixed in later versions. If this patcher is used with very short sounds, such as character sound effects, the soft clicking sound will play for up to 15 minutes during a match.
iv. YOU CAN NOT USE SONGS LONGER THAN 12:59 in length. Please clip your song down.
________
Download:
V1.1 (GIANT BUG FIX) https://www.mediafire.com/?qql3singqkz8z86
V1.0: http://www.mediafire.com/?smhl19bsovlg5ey
--------------
Change log:
V1.0.1 Major Bug fixes. (Aka the program actually works now)
V1.0 Initial Release

everything works fine but song dont LOOP! stop after finish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom