• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How's the computer AI?

VandalD

Smash Cadet
I haven't seen much about this. Seeing how Smash is largely a multiplayer game, and also has online play now, I can't imagine why! /sarcasm

How good are the computer players? I've seen them on custom stage free-for-alls, and they can be pretty stupid. But are they simply more aggressive on higher levels? Do they still have inhuman reflexes at level 9 to make up for the predictable AI? Are there any videos of CPU players that aren't 4 character free-for-alls?

Answers are appreciated, and thanks in advance!

Meta_King

Smash Rookie
In a steam the guy said the AI was much better than in melee. They edge guarded and other such things well he said.

Losnar

Smash Journeyman
I've seen vids of Custom Stages and the AI does extremely well, much better than I thought it would.

geogaither

Smash Apprentice
They're the same as in melee, with some of the dumbness taken out.

I've found a great trick to kill them though. Works really well for a lot of the events, also.

Works best w/ Ike.

The computers now edgehog when you're below the horizontal level of the stage, so knowing this, you can trick them into dying.

As ike, jump off the edge, and grab on to the edge. The computer will come after you, then drop down.
When they see you drop down, they will edgehog. Simply jump and use your aether, and 80% of the time you will spike them and murder them.

XD

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
I really hope level nine is a challenge because in Melee I ate level nines for a snackl.

SqueakyMetal

Smash Cadet
well, they may be harder... but if i remember corectly the AI from 64 was improved when it was brought to melee so, not much suprise.

They might have learned new tricks, but im guessing they r still just computers with a different pattern of attack. after we play 1000 computer matches and completley learn how they act i bet that we will then began to bash how stupid the computer is (again) and move on to either online play or tournaments

Top Bottom