• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hows my samus (video)

JerkPhil

Smash Journeyman
When your opponent is recovering, you are charging your shot and shooting missiles instead of giving them a hard time by the ledge. Samus has great edge guards with tilts and Fsmash. Abuse the ledge invincibility as well.
I like your incorporation of Zair although I think you can space it much better.
Well played!

BLUX

Smash Cadet
When your opponent is recovering, you are charging your shot and shooting missiles instead of giving them a hard time by the ledge. Samus has great edge guards with tilts and Fsmash. Abuse the ledge invincibility as well.
I like your incorporation of Zair although I think you can space it much better.
Well played!
thanks, and about my edge guarding i was always worried he was going to do that side fire spin move but he never really did it. i guess i could've edgehoged with some back airs

Litt

Samus
I was going to watch it and give a helpful critique but you can go screw yourself BLUX

Litt

Samus
I was going to watch it and give a helpful critique but you can go screw yourself BLUX
Screw it ill be the bigger person, when you tether the side of the stage, you dont need to reel in the grapple, you can release it with down on the control stick and go into another grapple or into an up b so you dont get punished. On both the stages you were on, you can missile cancel with variations of the short hop, on Pk stadium 2, you need to do the homing as soon as you jump to pull it off, and for smash you need to wait for the apex of your jump to fire it to cancel it on the platform. You movement with the character is very very fluid, but the transition into attacks is sporadic and can be fine tuned more by closer the gap between players instead of your constant approach of missile into their sheild followed up by a zair. You really need to go off the stage to edge guard instead of letting them back on, you have an amazing recovery so you can go balls deep after them. I recommend facing away from them and going after them with bairs or dairs personally and then going back with bomb jump and tether the edge. You are a very aggressive samus, but you do need to know when to be patient and make your opponent approach instead of always going in yourself. Other than that, you have great potential to be a really good samus in PM, keep at it and just fine tune those things at this point.

Litt

Samus
As you learn to be more defensive when you play, you should also learn jab cancels for samus to pressure your opponents shield, because when you are playing better opponents, they will not be overwhelmed with your very aggressive play style, and you will need to condition them to stay in shield, pressure then go back to your normal game.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I'd say avoid wasting your second jump to break out of stun unless you'd definitely die with out using it. If you can afford to just start bombing immediately, do that instead of instantly jumping. That way you still have the dj for mix-ups when you get near the ledge.

Sometimes you seem to put yourself into positions where you're above or in front and above of your opponent. This is bad news for Samus, especially against Charizard. It's best to avoid doing this, which means the platform wavelands into falling nairs onto your opponent and the FJ dairs are not something you should be going for.

I really like your fsmash spacing. I feel like you could have gotten a lot more out of the whiffed grabs you baited with spaced fsmashes than you actually made use of.

Kati

Smash Lord
Yeah saving the dj for the last step of a recovery does wonders. It's not something many other characters can do, so at least in my experience, people don't expect Samus to come at them with a fair or w/e after bomb jumping a whole bunch.

Litt

Samus
I'd say avoid wasting your second jump to break out of stun unless you'd definitely die with out using it. If you can afford to just start bombing immediately, do that instead of instantly jumping. That way you still have the dj for mix-ups when you get near the ledge.

Sometimes you seem to put yourself into positions where you're above or in front and above of your opponent. This is bad news for Samus, especially against Charizard. It's best to avoid doing this, which means the platform wavelands into falling nairs onto your opponent and the FJ dairs are not something you should be going for.

I really like your fsmash spacing. I feel like you could have gotten a lot more out of the whiffed grabs you baited with spaced fsmashes than you actually made use of.
Just to add onto this, instead of bombing out of it, in melee it was more effective to fast fall upair or fair to escape the attack and hit your opponent as well.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
You can also air dodge down and Z-Air asap to move down very quickly. It's good for getting back to the ground faster than just falling/bomb jumping, however, you will be forced to go into Z-Air's landing lag of 19 frames. Just another option to consider if you're put into a position where you are above the opponent and can't get down.

Litt

Samus
You can also air dodge down and Z-Air asap to move down very quickly. It's good for getting back to the ground faster than just falling/bomb jumping, however, you will be forced to go into Z-Air's landing lag of 19 frames. Just another option to consider if you're put into a position where you are above the opponent and can't get down.
I would not recommend that option at all...

Top Bottom