• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How's my Peach?

CHUK

Smash Ace
lol, it is pretty bad. Don't roll so much and float cancel/ float more. I don't play peach but I DO play fox and when I saw that fox up b so high I thought oh god hear comes a float to nair or a turnip but u just waited.

Gary

Smash Apprentice
I roll in order to either get to the other side for what I think is a better attacking opportunity, or to dodge an attack. What should I do in place of it?

edub

Smash Apprentice
i think you should go to the peach video thread and watch some peach vids to learn a variety of different "tech" moves, like float canceling. shows promise though

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
You seem to have potential but it looks like your Peach is too one-dimensional. What I mean is that your Peach is an easy read.

You dash attack way too much. Also, don't charge at your opponent all the time; sometimes, it's best to let them come to you. Also, like some said, you roll too much towards your opponent. I started predicting you one minute into the match. If I played you, I would have just waited for you to roll towards me (or to my other side) and just have grabbed you or Dsmashed you.

These are your main flaws. My suggestions is too not dash attack as much and not roll towards your opponent all the time (though it worked out in some cases, many will figure your game out way too quickly). Try to mix it up.

Also, try to float cancel more, double-jump cancel, and dashdance to confuse your opponents. There are more things I could say but the rest should come with experience.

Hope I helped :)

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
You need to learn how to wavedash because the rolling is just too much. When your in the air, and your trying to make it back to the ground use youe Down Air attack as your going down, it stops some things that will hit you normally. Learn how to float cancel. Go to youtube and search "superdoodleman float cancel" watch that video. You should downsmash less, and use Neutral Airs more. Watch some Peach videos too. Youtube the following smashers, some are Pros, some are Pro-Ams, some are Semi-Pros, some I just like but they all will help you get better...

Wife
Professor Pro
Mike G
Dark Pch.
Cort
Darkness of Heart

You got a lot of work to do but you have potential. Practice the stuff we're telling you and come back in a week with a new video.

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
Hypnotist gave good advice. Also, just to add to the list of Peach players; search for:
Vidjo (one of Nations best Peach)
Mikael (arguably Japans best Peach)

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
23 seconds into the first one was extremely painful to watch. I don't even care about the rolling or lack of advanced techniques so much. How about the painful lack of aerials? Or running face first into fully charged attacks from the opponent everytime? From both of you! That Fox did the same mistakes as you.

Fox and Peach have good aerials, use them more. Also stop running into each others' charged smashes. If you can do that, you'll be better in a shorter amount of time. And since you're playing Peach you should float more.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Quite a repetitive Peach there.

Throwing out aerials when you're way above Marth is pretty much asking to get utilted. Work on your edgeguarding, seeing as how all you did was float out and get hit by a Dolphin Blade, or at one instance SAVE Marth with a dair. L-cancel the aerials you don't float-cancel, and don't approach Marth from way across the stage with a float. It shouldn't ever work.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I'll agree there. I also might add, that you could have easily beaten that Marth if you were....more patient. I love to be aggressive, but when you're up against certain characters, it might be a good idea to bring them to you with turnips. This Marth in particular didn't do much L-cancelling....take advantage of that. Also....well, I just said it, but spam turnips. My teacher showed me the improtance of knowing when to be aggressive and when to be defensive. Marth and C. Falcon are two characters that you can **** with Turnips. (I did so much better against those two when I did so.) This Marth in particular you can get with lots of turnips, and then take advantage of his lack of L-cancelling. Work on those float cancels, and remember to Fast Fall. I like the grabs, ^_^. I don't want to be too repetitive of what Ankoku did, so I'll end my advice here.

Ame- "So that it? What a guy....this is gonna be tough!"

RickRIGHTEOUS

Smash Cadet
Your ability to avoid Marth's attacks could use some work. It's mostly due to the fact that you are going into Peaches float and aerials at innopportune times. Try being more defensive and patient. You are also predictable with the parasol. And only use the Nair move as an approach if you know you can hit - Marth can easily slice you while staying a good distance away - simply because he is better with a bit of distance. AND DO NOT save falling chars. with a Dair. However, you are talented in that you got him into down smashes and upped your edge mindgame a bit (NICE UPSMASH)- but add to your tech. with some variety. I could still predict your moves. Maybe use some wavelanding and more vegetable techs. ...

Top Bottom