• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Howard County MD schooley mill park Biweekly Smashfest

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Results
1v1's
1st: Timmi ($150)
2nd: Nate Petit ($75)
3rd: Aaron Sneed ($25)

2v2
1st: Timmi's team ($140)
2nd: Steven Z's Team ($70)
3rd: Mike T's Team ($26)

I wish I remembered all the details, but I didn't. Here's all that I know.

WARNING LONGNESS AHEAD

Details

-Singles and Doubles
-it was at schooly mill park
-Thursday April 24th
-Most who signed up for singles did doubles as well, except me and my friend (we only did doubles)
-don't remember singles winner :urg:
-Double elimination
- Loosers and winners finals
- neutral stages mostly, basically most people wanted final destination, i thought that luigi's mansion might have been chosen once, or it might have been just an unofficial match
- Team attack ON (It didn't state it on the rules, but I assume everone else assumed it was to be on. I never even heard of team attack being put on ever before, thus affecting how much stress me and my friend had, we only practiced with it off)
-no items, of couse
- all characters welcome
-only 2 out of 3 during semifinals
-only 3 out of 5 during winners final (they might have gone by majority win cause i think they played way more than 5 matches.
-entry: $5 venue per person $8 singles per person $15 doubles per team (for pots)
-prize: Pots, 1st place-60% 2nd place-30% 3rd place-10%

Doubles placing (I know these for sure)

1st. Metaknight and Marth
2nd. Ike and Wolf
3rd. Mario and Zelda (MY TEAM!!!!)

My experiences

I mained Mario (NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!) and my friend mained Zelda, he never settles on a main. He mained Peach in Melee, or so he saids, cause he never used her EVER. Just picked up Zelda with a specific wiimote/nunchuck control scheme, and now he wants to be metaknight. Anyway, we get there and apparently they wanted a total $26 for some strange reason. We go there and after a while find out that singles tourny goes first. so we wait, a Looooooong time. My friend must have helped host the tourny, cause it was a comp. sci. friends group that put it together. I faced him before, his main was link, and aparently now pikachu with it's down smash spam. I never lost to him 1v1 and he signed up for both tourneys. He lost before the semi finals though. You may be thinking "Why mario and zelda?!?" well it just goes to show you don't need characters with cheaper moves to be good, just find a character that fits. anywho, the place was at a rent building in a park, the group planned on making more money by selling snacks like soda and chips, saying they can't host another tourny if we don't buy enough. I bought a soda and chip while i waited. Singles finished and we started the doubles matches.

first match: Us vs. Aaron Sneed's Team (I think)
total ownage, then he kept complaining about how it didn't count if there wasn't team attack on. it got turned on and, once again, we beat him. He must have felt really bad loosing in the first match, cause we saw him playing falco in melee later, and he used all the advanced techs, SHUFFLING all over the place.

2nd match: Us vs. Ryan Olson's Team (my friend I was talking about)
The team attack kept us on edge, as well ash pika's down spam, we won though, I suppose he never won a tourny for brawl yet, since he lost first match at the gamestop tourny to a really old black guy playing iceclimbers vs. his link.

3rd match: us vs. Timmi's team (I think)
they played metaknight and marth, we lost badly, we would have barly a chance if team attack was on anyway, i just don't know.

4th match? us vs. Steven Z's Team (I think)
Apparently due to strange bracketing, we were already in the loosers' finals, we lost on both matches, they were ike and wolf. we counterpicked with battlefield.

3rd place goes to Us, the strange bracket system had the top the looser final declare who got 3rd place and who went on. oh well , we won $26 so no money won, but we didn't loose any!

last match took maybe 8 matches, cause they kept calling rematch or something.

Favorite neutral stage for me: Battlefield, platforms are really useful for mario and zelda's moves, and the "lip" as my friend calls it it acually useful for recovering. the lip it the area under the ledge part where you grab, on final destination, if you let go of the ledge and fall to much, a up B will get you trapped against the ledge. in battlefield, doing an up B to the stage, moves you immidiatly to the ledge to grab it.

what kind of fighter am I: definatly not the tourny tard type, I rarely even fastfall with mario, but i set up as many combos as i can, catching them off guard, I kill by running UP smashes, Bair, and many many Fairs, Doctor Pawnuch! I never use, many, advanced techs, I roll alot, and I rarly use mario's cape and flood to cheat recoveries. I like spaming fireballs, like my friend likes spamming din's fire.

Hope There's another Tournament Soon!

Teh End

UnicornTears

Smash Rookie
hey, the prize results were as follows:

Results
1v1's
1st: Timmi ($150)
2nd: Nate Petit ($75)
3rd: Aaron Sneed ($25)

2v2
1st: Timmi's team ($140)
2nd: Steven Z's Team ($70)
3rd: Mike T's Team ($26)

Hope to have one next month!

hova

Smash Champion
wtf??

how is there a tourney results thread with no actual tourney thread

was this thing announced on smashboards at all?

Hey_Its_Nacker

Smash Lord
Yea >.> this seems odd to post results and have no tourny thread i guess they didnt want any competition -_- w.e shellshocked was also on this date and everyone was there also MM500 how many people attended

UnicornTears

Smash Rookie
No, it wasn't announced on smashboards at all. This guy just placed 3rd place in teams and wanted to gloat about it. I organized this tournament for high schools to compete on a less competetive level than the real smashboards.com community offers. Next time I will definitely advertise this tournament on smashboards.com. I hope the previous prizes will attract semi-pro to pro players to come. Schooley Mill Park is an amazing place to have tournaments. The building fits up to 95ish people. There is a massive park outside with grills and picnic tables.

I am new to hosting smash tournaments, but I believe that I could do an excellent job at organizing larger tournaments. This was sort of a test drive for running tournaments. Seeing how pro players and semi-pro players would criticize the layout and efficiency of the tournament, I practiced my organizing skills on people that just wanted to have fun rather than have a hardcore tournament to play in.

Overall, it was extremely successful. Nothing was broken. Food was served. Everyone had a great time and I hope I will see everyone that went to come back to another one!

Thanks,
n3wAg3

kirbstir

Smash Lord
Will the famed Meleemaster500 be at the next one? After all, NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION

Hey_Its_Nacker

Smash Lord
what kind of fighter am I: definatly not the tourny tard type, I rarely even fastfall with mario, but i set up as many combos as i can, catching them off guard, I kill by running UP smashes, Bair, and many many Fairs, Doctor Pawnuch! I never use, many, advanced techs, I roll alot, and I rarly use mario's cape and flood to cheat recoveries. I like spaming fireballs, like my friend likes spamming din's fire.

this guy is to pro i mean he's fair by not gimping people and he still comes in 3rd also he says Doctor pawnuch which by far is the greatest thing ive ever read on these boards

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
definitely advertise the next one... preferably have it during may or june so that theres something to hold md players over until july :p

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Hey I just wanted to spred MY experiences on the board, anyone else at the tourny can too, in fact they should do it on the other threads. Hey, I got third and that isn't much to gloat about. I had fun anyway.

Top Bottom