• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How would you efficiently beat someone if they spam moves?

yumyumyum77

Smash Rookie
When i brawl my friend we usually play with random characters that way i don't beat him up all the time with Olimar. When playing with some characters i find it hard to get around some annoying spamming moves. For example, when my friend spams B with Pit i end up getting damaged to nearly 80 % during a whole match before i can kill him. Any advice ?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I find short-hop-air-dodging as you get closer helps.

Laem

Smash Champion
It depends on your character quite a bit; space animals have reflectors to punish projectile-spam, g&w has the mighty bucket. If a MK spams tornado a projectile such as Wolf's and Falco's can get him out of it; cpt. falcon is just quite screwed. But if i play some1 like Olimar vs a spamming pit, best to do is approach while shielding every hit, and/or jump. Finally, if you're feeling tough, take all hits because you cant be ***** to protect yourself, then own him when he stops. I used to that quite a bit xD(opposition has to be a worse player than you tho)

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Run -> perfect shield -> run -> perfect shield ect, ect.

Revven

FrankerZ
Run -> perfect shield -> run -> perfect shield ect, ect.
And then combine Short hop ADs like Mic said and you'll be good for projectile spam. Perfect Shielding projectiles is really easy, especially since the shield cancels your dash, so from there you could dash again and PS or short hop AD over there.

Projectile spam can get really annoying though.

D

Deleted member

spamming them might be a good one :p

in all seriousness, don't let them start spamming you, hit them first, and combo, or evade as previous posts mentioned

Tony_11

Smash Apprentice
since your olimar, your best thing to do is perfect shield - run and repeat, throw pikmin so that he gets hit and stops shooting so u approach him, d-tilt and own him. a spam that i found hard to counter with olimar is GnW's parachute-Key combo and if broken, spammed d-smash

TLMarth

Smash Ace
Go airborne, so he either has a harder time aiming the arrow at you or he has to jump in the air to hit you

POKE40

Smash Lord
You have several options

Mr. GW's bucket for energy projectile spam
-Pit arrows
-Pikachu Thunder

The Star Fox characters reflectors for any thrown projectile
-any projectile

Comboing with short hop, as already told

Spam them back

Chaingrab infinite:mad:

Sonic on the Rocks

Smash Lord
I main Sonic, usually, so either they're too slow and I can outrun it and come up with something to do (provided the stage lets me), or some alternatives, such as perfect shielding, or witty comments.

Other general stuff:
-Perfect Sheild
-Dodge
-Do a barrel roll

Vs. Fox's laser spam, assuming you're not Ganondorf, you can probably run at them or something.

BOP!

Smash Rookie
If they are spamming projectiles I suggest getting closer and staying their and if there are spamming a closer attack figure out how to dodge and leave them open to your own attack, or you could find something that has a better range than what your opponent i using.

Failtastic

Smash Rookie
If it's a projectile, I wait until I can find a decent gap to try an work my way closer, or just reflect.
Close range attacks are a bit more tricky, though. I'll probably just dodge out of it, or counter.

Top Bottom