• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How would Melee be like if it were updated?

imanoblekobel23

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5185-7866-4204
Most all know that there is "glitches" in Melee, like misplaced hitboxes (Example: Jigglypuff's F-air) which expose the hurt box. Overused & Overpowered characters like Fox, Marth & Falco (Not used as an insult to players who main them). So if there was an official "HD Remake" of the game, what things would be added and be removed?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Well, you're in luck, because there were actually 3 updates to Melee!

The first one, released in 2008, was called Super Smash Bros Brawl, and was released on the Wii.

The second one, released in 2014, had two versions and were released as Super Smash Bros 3DS and Wii U, for the 3DS and Wii U, respectfully.

The most recent one, released in 2018, was called Super Smash Bros Ultimate, and was released on the Switch.

These three updates each added characters, stages, better graphics, and improved many aspects of the game compared to Melee. The ones on the Wii U and Switch were even in HD!

Last edited:

imanoblekobel23

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5185-7866-4204
Close, but I mean the game ITSELF. I mean what would be added in, nerfed & buffed.

GhostM

Phantom
You’d probably take a look at the PAL version of Melee, which made noticeable nerfs towards Fox, Shiek, and Marth. Other characters like Falco and Marth having their spikes nerfed. The PAL version of Melee was released a year after the NTSC version, so all the changes in the PAL version were intended changes to balance gameplay, which would make it the latest patch of Melee. The PAL version of Melee was also used as a base to create brawl, so I’m going to assume that the buffs and nerfs towards certain characters in the PAL version would be present in the official HD Remake of the game. Certain glitches with the Ice Climbers such as the freeze glitch would already be patched in the PAL version of Melee, and maybe wobbling. The HD Remake of Melee would began specifically with the 1.2 version of Melee but with added changes to be similar to the PAL version, meaning that previous glitches in the older versions of Melee like the turnip glitch, the shadow glitch, and the all-floats glitch would not be present.

Last edited:

imanoblekobel23

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5185-7866-4204
I was saying if there was a version different from the PAL & NTSC versions, but a non-existent one that isn't "related" to these versions?

Top Bottom