• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How would I create a new character for smash bros brawl compleate with apperaing in the menu new hit box new attacks and new animations?

kurti256

Smash Rookie
I would like to create a mod for smash where I add the knight from hollow knight with them apperaing in character select i'd like them to have new moves, look differant, have animations and perhaps a gimmicked soul gauge (i do have ideas)

tldr: As a newbie on modding brawl how do I make a compleatly new character?

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I would like to create a mod for smash where I add the knight from hollow knight with them apperaing in character select i'd like them to have new moves, look differant, have animations and perhaps a gimmicked soul gauge (i do have ideas)

tldr: As a newbie on modding melee how do I make a compleatly new character?
I'm no modder myself and I really don't have any knowledge of coding whatsoever. But without the source code for the game you probably won't be to achieve any of this. Melee's code is very complex I would say since there have already been character mods for 64 and Brawl but not a single one for Melee.

Last edited:

kurti256

Smash Rookie
I'm no modder myself and I really don't have any knowledge of coding whatsoever. But without the source code for the game you probably won't be to achieve any of this. Melee's code is ver complex I would say since there have already been character mods for 64 and Brawl but not a single one for Melee.
I ment brawl can't beleave I made that mistake hoping to make it compatable for project m : )

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I ment brawl can't beleave I made that mistake hoping to make it compatable for project m : )
Like I said, I'm no modder myself and I really don't have any knowledge of coding. But hopefully someone pops up in this thread to give you some tips.

kurti256

Smash Rookie
Like I said, I'm no modder myself and I really don't have any knowledge of coding. But hopefully someone pops up in this thread to give you some tips.
Hey I just appreatate that someone cares enough to respond :)

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I don’t think you are going to have much luck to be given essentially a full tutorial of how to mod a character via smashboards especially if you have no prior experience.

kurti256

Smash Rookie
I don’t think you are going to have much luck to be given essentially a full tutorial of how to mod a character via smashboards especially if you have no prior experience.
honestly any help is appreatated and i thought why not ask one question instead of spamming

Top Bottom