• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How will other characters fit into SE?

jimmothy

Smash Rookie
How will pokemon trainer play into this? I mean like, how can he fight on the stages? Running in the background?

Frogla

Smash Ace
remember how there were two paths you could take to unlock chars in melee.
i think they will be 3 in this game
1.VS Mode
2.Classic and event and staduim
3. subspace
all charachters can be unlocked any route you choose. and subspace wont be the easy way since im assuming counting all the paths this will be a 20-30 hour mode

Wence

Smash Rookie
Snake should definitely get teamed up with Jigglypuff with her green bandana on of course. He could throw a bunch of grenades while fighting some subspace, then he runs out and finds a pokeball on the ground. Not knowing what it is he will throw it and Jiggly will come out. I would laugh at that anyway.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Snake should definitely get teamed up with Jigglypuff with her green bandana on of course. He could throw a bunch of grenades while fighting some subspace, then he runs out and finds a pokeball on the ground. Not knowing what it is he will throw it and Jiggly will come out. I would laugh at that anyway.
Jigglypuff sneaks from behind and starts singing and the guard falls asleep, and snake pick-pockets the guard for a key for the next door

Frogla

Smash Ace
Jigglypuff sneaks from behind and starts singing and the guard falls asleep, and snake pick-pockets the guard for a key for the next door

Jigglypuff+Ice Climbers+Snake= Hilarity

Staking out a primid base, all 4 of them are crammed in a box. Snake is massaging his temple while the ice climbers and jigglypuff are communicating to eachother

Popo: Aih
Jigglypuff: Puff
Nana: Piah
Jigglypuff:Jiggly?
Nana:Yah
Snake: WILL YOU 3 SHUTUP! THIS IS A STAKEOUT!

Primid comes over and kicks box over

Jammer

Smash Lord
As long as Snake isn't teamed up with Yoshi, it's all good. We all know that Yoshis are not safe alone with a hungry Snake.

I'd like to see Snake "hook up" with Samus after she "takes her clothes off" so he can take off his "gear" to "catch" her.

That's the second time I used that joke, and I'm not sure if it's even funny.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Snake: Look This is very dangerous don't Screw it up
-N.E.S sound effects as Ice Climbers tip-toe through the base, snake and jigglypuff stare them. Nana fuzz hoodie starts to make jigglypuff sneeze-
Jigglypuff: PUFF!
- Ice Climbers jump up(N.E.S Sound effects) in astonishment-
Snake: GOD ****IT I SAID BE QUITE!
- once snake opens his mouth the alarm goes off-
-Jigglypuff and Iceclimbers look at snake-
Jigglypuff and Ice Climbers: SHHHHHHHHH!

burrito

Smash Lord
SSBMMasterFox said:
I bet they'll find a way to put them in; maybe they'll add a new 'chapter' to the story every time you unlock a character. How do you think it'll be done?
It will most definitely be something like this, unless you can unlock all characters through the subspace.

we already know unlockables are in, we saw a clip of sonic in it. And there is no doubt he is unlockable.
Yes, there is doubt, there is plenty of doubt. In fact, I think that Sonic will be a starter. So, that means nothing.

Frogla

Smash Ace
It will most definitely be something like this, unless you can unlock all characters through the subspace.

Yes, there is doubt, there is plenty of doubt. In fact, I think that Sonic will be a starter. So, that means nothing.
i will refrain from using meaness, but anywho if you think like that then you must also think that snake is a starter and all the ohter 3rd partys. And even after sakuria said 3rd partys wll be best as guest charachters

Frogla

Smash Ace
I appreciate your comment/agreement, burrito, but Sakurai DID say that all 3rd parties would be unlockable.

(Then again, he DID say that we'd get a Dec. 3rd release. XD)
conspiracy theory here

but regie said that, i class regie as a lair.

Reggie probably just said that, and one day sakuria was watching the conference and was like "HE said that WTF!"

Frogla

Smash Ace
in addition
The problem is Sonic. What to do... I suppose if we’re going to all this trouble, perhaps we should make him playable.
if sonic isnt unlockable why did sakuria think about him in the e4all demo. Why not metaknight or Pit?

burrito

Smash Lord
Ugh, seriously, why must this misquoting of Sakurai persist, I should probably make a thread explaining it. Sakurai never said that all third parties would be unlockable nor did he that Snake would be unlockable[i/i]. You guys really need to check your sources. This misinterpretation comes from SamuraiPanda's translation thread where he did make a paraphrase of Sakurai that says:
#251-260: Sakurai will make Snake (and all other guest, i.e. 3rd party, characters) into an unlockable character.
This may be confusing to some people because this paraphrase isn't really accurate. If you scroll down and find the complete translation, it says:

Sakurai says that having Snake as a hidden character rather than be part of the starting line-up is more fitting for a guest character.
He says that it is more fitting, this is far from a confirmation. It was early in development and Sakurai probably had not decided yet what Snake's role as a character would be. So, whether he was unlockable or not, it could have gone either way.

Frogla said:
but anywho if you think like that then you must also think that snake is a starter and all the ohter 3rd partys.
I actually do think that. I used to think otherwise before Snake was updated on the Dojo. It is my belief that all characters shown on the Dojo before the game comes out in Japan will be starter characters.

edit:
Frogla said:
The problem is Sonic. What to do... I suppose if we’re going to all this trouble, perhaps we should make him playable.
if sonic isnt unlockable why did sakuraa think about him in the e4all demo. Why not metaknight or Pit?
Aha, I have actually thought of this before. The reason, I believe, that Sakurai says this is because Sonic is a much "bigger" addition to Brawl than Pit or Metaknight. Having such a huge character playable months before the game comes out, despite being a starter, is a BIG deal.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Ok, so what if you actaully unlock people trough SE??

Like, you are fighting trough stages, get to a VERYhard boss, defeat him and WHAM Snake unlocked, wich leads to his part in the story?

Frogla

Smash Ace
Ugh, seriously, why must this misquoting of Sakurai persist, I should probably make a thread explaining it. Sakurai never said that all third parties would be unlockable nor did he that Snake would be unlockable[i/i]. You guys really need to check your sources. This misinterpretation comes from SamuraiPanda's translation thread where he did make a paraphrase of Sakurai that says:

This may be confusing to some people because this paraphrase isn't really accurate. If you scroll down and find the complete translation, it says:

He says that it is more fitting, this is far from a confirmation. It was early in development and Sakurai probably had not decided yet what Snake's role as a character would be. So, whether he was unlockable or not, it could have gone either way.

I actually do think that. I used to think otherwise before Snake was updated on the Dojo. It is my belief that all characters shown on the Dojo before the game comes out in Japan will be starter characters.

edit:

Aha, I have actually thought of this before. The reason, I believe, that Sakurai says this is because Sonic is a much "bigger" addition to Brawl than Pit or Metaknight. Having such a huge character playable months before the game comes out, despite being a starter, is a BIG deal.

Not really a big deal, but having a unlockable player is a big deal. the reasons there are being shown is probably to hype the other 3rd party. Nintendo hater , but a capcom fanboy sees megaman joins the brawl. instant hype for the game.

But man i get u i used to think exactly like you

Ok, so what if you actaully unlock people trough SE??

Like, you are fighting trough stages, get to a VERYhard boss, defeat him and WHAM Snake unlocked, wich leads to his part in the story?
yeah i think if he joins your team you got him

burrito

Smash Lord
Not really a big deal, but having a unlockable player is a big deal. the reasons there are being shown is probably to hype the other 3rd party. Nintendo hater , but a capcom fanboy sees megaman joins the brawl. instant hype for the game.
................ what? :confused:

But man i get u i used to think exactly like you
Uh, thank you for that, but you don't have to agree with me. I'm just getting the point across that 3rd party characters being unlockable isn't definite. It isn't confirmed until it is officially confirmed. So, please don't spread this misinterpretation, I hate it when people misquote Sakurai.

Frogla

Smash Ace
................ what? :confused:

Uh, thank you for that, but you don't have to agree with me. I'm just getting the point across that 3rd party characters being unlockable isn't definite. It isn't confirmed until it is officially confirmed. So, please don't spread this misinterpretation, I hate it when people misquote Sakurai.
the thing i was saying on the 3rd page was, that at the nintendo press conference they said all charachters are in the subspace emmisary

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Great moments in SSE:

(Wario is talking to his captive Princess Zelda)
Zelda: Why are you helping the Ancient Minister.
Wario: He-A offered me lots of money. I'm gonna be rich. A Winnah!
Zelda: Okay, listen to me: Ancient Minister wants to destroy everything, including money.
Wario: Wha?
Zelda: O, and I'm a princess of a Kingdom with a large treasury, I can give you alot of money if you let me go.
Wario: ....Okay!

(Wario let's Zelda go and then Primids begin to descend)

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
It looks to me like Fox might be teaming up with Kirby and Peach, in the SE clip it looks like they crashed in close to the same area. Also it appears as if Diddy and Donkey Kong are also in the same region.
But then again, that might just be me.

I realize that it might be Zelda and Kirby, etc.

Jammer

Smash Lord
It looks to me like Fox might be teaming up with Kirby and Peach, in the SE clip it looks like they crashed in close to the same area. Also it appears as if Diddy and Donkey Kong are also in the same region.
But then again, that might just be me.
Nah, I'm pretty sure you're dead on on both accounts. I mean, there were videos showing exactly what you just said, so I think it's pretty safe to say you're right.

Top Bottom