• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How will other characters fit into SE?

Hejiru

Smash Ace
After seeing some of the other new videos with characters from different universes really interacting, like Wario stealing Zelda's trophy and Bowser's goons stealing DK's bananas. We also see an Arwing (Fox?) battling with the Halberd. Pretty cool.

Anyway, how you think the others will fit into the Subspace Emissiary. Considering the major role of the Halberd, it will be interesting to see how Meta Knight fits in.

My guess for the Pokemon universe: Pokemon Trainer is seen trying to capture a Pikachu when Helberd drops those Primid spores onto the field. (It would be really funny if during the cutscene, Red tries to throw a Pokeball at a Primid, trying to capture it, lol)

Im wondering how they'll mix in Mr. Game & Watch, if at all. He from a 2-D world..... Should be interesting, I'll say that much.

Aurion

Smash Rookie
hahaha that throwing a pokeball would be funny idd and I'm also curious about how they are going to fit in all the chars.But up until now they have done a great job so i belief we will see allot of more funny thing like the matrix peanut gun action of Diddy (that was pretty cool and really funny too :p)

Aurion

Smash Rookie
i don't really know why but i think Yoshi is going to be paired with snake in the SE i really have no reason to belief this but it would be really hilarious snake would obviously keep going on about eating Yoshi :p

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
roflmao. i can see it now:
Red threw a Pokeball at the Primid!
It bounced off!
^_^
Anyways, I would like to see how Link gets into this. I remeber there was a picture of him with Yoshi in the Dojo update explaining the Subspace. Also, how does Lucas/Ice Climbers/Sonic fit into this?

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Actually I'm still confused on how the characters shown even fit. how did all those characters get to "this world." Are all the characters really trophies or is this something greater. I just don't understand yet. I hope Sakurai plans on answering these questions. It would make the story that much better.

Lin_

Smash Apprentice
If they don't do a cutscene with Link pulling out the Master Sword or something cool like that, I will sue.
The rest of the videos are awesome though. 'Specially Pit's.

Conformal_Invariance

Smash Journeyman
On the border of Westminster and Arvada, CO, in a
Actually I'm still confused on how the characters shown even fit. how did all those characters get to "this world." Are all the characters really trophies or is this something greater. I just don't understand yet. I hope Sakurai plans on answering these questions. It would make the story that much better.
All the characters are Trophies.

They exist only to fight.

That's what the Dojo says, at least.

Since they're practically toys, it's simple to imagine that the World is an amalgamation of worlds from the character's respective universes.

The Ancient Minister, in my opinion, is attempting to break the rules of the World, in short by utilizing the trophy form of characters as a power source.

But it's still so very vague.

Either way, with what looks like branching storylines, and if they manage to work all the characters into SE... it'll be fantastic.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Apperantly seeing that Wario was playing a bad guy roll in the SE that probably means all characters that were bad guys from their own series will probably be bad guys in this one. Such as Bowser, Wario, Ganon, Mewtwo, King Dedede, K. Rool, Black Shadow, Blood Falcon, ect. Also I think Link and Yoshi appear in that desert area about a couple miles away from where the stadium blows up.

Jammer

Smash Lord
I'm guessing all the characters will be off in the part of the Subspace Emissary universe most like their home: DK is in the Jungle, Pit is in the sky temple thing, etc. So I guess Snake would be on a mission when he gets a call to go disarm a subspace bomb or something.

Although, I didn't think that through that far, and the more I think about it, the less I think that's correct.

Frogla

Smash Ace
i dont know where i read it but i heard something about dk and bowser teaming up

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
i don't really know why but i think Yoshi is going to be paired with snake in the SE i really have no reason to belief this but it would be really hilarious snake would obviously keep going on about eating Yoshi :p
I thought i saw a video/picture of yoshi with Link.. Not positive though.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Pokemon Trainer and Pikachu: I'm guessing that they'd be introduced together, probably. I think it'd be funnier actually if they encountered Kirby, and the Trainer threw a ball at him because he thinks Kirby is a Jigglypuff.

Bowser: Bowser hates being upstaged or taken advantage of. He'll no doubt think that the Ancient Minister is stealing his thunder and join the Smash Brothers.

Wario: As soon as somebody offers him enough money, he'll change sides. Or if he finds out the AM won't give him money, he'll change sides.

Sonic: I've got this feeling the cinema scene at the beginning of the Sonic introduction video will act as his debut.

Snake:

Col. Campbell- Snake! We have a mission for you!

Snake- What is it this time....

Campbell- Someone called the Ancient Minister is destroying all of reality, we have received calls for help, and it is up to you to be that help. Snake! Are you up to it.

Snake- Of course I'm up to it, now who am I helping.

Campbell- Look behind you, 2 friendly agents are due to meet you...

(cut to Snake, Snake turns around and sees his partners are the Ice Climbers, he turns back and speaks with Campbell again over the comm)

Snake- Colonel! They're dressed like eskimos, and we're in a hot and humid Jungle! Is it wise for me to work with these two, they stick out like sore thumbs, I lose all semblance of stealth!

Campbell- That's your problem. Campbell out.

-Transmission Terminated-

Frogla

Smash Ace
Pokemon Trainer and Pikachu: I'm guessing that they'd be introduced together, probably. I think it'd be funnier actually if they encountered Kirby, and the Trainer threw a ball at him because he thinks Kirby is a Jigglypuff.

Bowser: Bowser hates being upstaged or taken advantage of. He'll no doubt think that the Ancient Minister is stealing his thunder and join the Smash Brothers.

Wario: As soon as somebody offers him enough money, he'll change sides. Or if he finds out the AM won't give him money, he'll change sides.

Sonic: I've got this feeling the cinema scene at the beginning of the Sonic introduction video will act as his debut.

Snake:

Col. Campbell- Snake! We have a mission for you!

Snake- What is it this time....

Campbell- Someone called the Ancient Minister is destroying all of reality, we have received calls for help, and it is up to you to be that help. Snake! Are you up to it.

Snake- Of course I'm up to it, now who am I helping.

Campbell- Look behind you, 2 friendly agents are due to meet you...

(cut to Snake, Snake turns around and sees his partners are the Ice Climbers, he turns back and speaks with Campbell again over the comm)

Snake- Colonel! They're dressed like eskimos, and we're in a hot and humid Jungle! Is it wise for me to work with these two, they stick out like sore thumbs, I lose all semblance of stealth!

Campbell- That's your problem. Campbell out.

-Transmission Terminated-
that would be flippin awesome, i would love to see all 3 of them try to fit in a box. And them making there little bing bing noise when snake starts yelling at them

Jammer

Smash Lord
i dont know where i read it but i heard something about dk and bowser teaming up
I seriously doubt that will happen. It's pretty much villians vs. good guys in the Subspace Emissary. Even Wario is a bad guy in the SE, and he's generally seen as more goofy than evil. Bowser, who is the baddest guy in the Mario games, certainly won't be on the same side as DK, who was always a good guy (except in his original game).

Although Bowser might have a change of heart, or DK might be tempted by the dark side. You never know.

Frogla

Smash Ace
I seriously doubt that will happen. It's pretty much villians vs. good guys in the Subspace Emissary. Even Wario is a bad guy in the SE, and he's generally seen as more goofy than evil. Bowser, who is the baddest guy in the Mario games, certainly won't be on the same side as DK, who was always a good guy (except in his original game).

Although Bowser might have a change of heart, or DK might be tempted by the dark side. You never know.
before the end of the game im sure even the bad guys will join the good cause, when they figure out that Anceint Minister doesnt care about them

Jammer

Smash Lord
before the end of the game im sure even the bad guys will join the good cause, when they figure out that Anceint Minister doesnt care about them
Hey, good point. That might just happen. It would allow you to play as all the characters, too, which is something that Sakurai would obviously want to do.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I recall seeing a picture of Meta-knight fighting Primids. Which means either that he turns against the Subspace Minister OR the AM stole the Halberd and he wants it back.

Frogla

Smash Ace
Most likely.

Oh, and no matter what you all say, Samus and Snake are the highest chance of teaming up.

Meta Knight with DeDeDe (If he's in).
i would rather see snake with someone who will drive him nuts, perhaps Ice Climbers,Pikachu or Jigglypuff

volbound1700

Smash Master
I think you choose your teammate and character, at start they may be seperate but overtime they will come together. Also I think the Villian Characters will be with Smash bros in long run, in fact we don't know if Wario is on SSE side or not. He may just be taken Zelda to sell her off and make money. (He may be on his own side like he usually is).

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
I think how characters fit into the SE may hint at some character inclusions. My first thought about this included Ness and Lucas who come from the same world but different times. If they're both in how would their inclusion in the SE relate to each other. Of course, there could be several ways to do it...not sure if this theory holds water, but it was just a thought I had.

plus, with Ike's alt.Marth colors, the same theory could apply. My predictions are leading me to believe that characters like Marth and Roy are out in lieu of Fire Emblem reps that are from the same setting. I'm also guessing that if we get another Mother rep, it will be Claus (he was on Sakurai's poll and he would fit well with Lucas' SE storyline)

has anyone else thought about the SE playing a role in guessing who's in and who's out?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
well, i for one want to know how the relation ship between pikachu and PK trainer will be. it might be strange for a free pokemon to fight along side a few enslaved ones 0_o

and what about the ice climbers? but the ones i'm most interested in are fox and samus, who both have ships to attack the halberd with.

link and yoshi are shown in a desert area, zzs is in her ship, i think the pokemon and lucas , ike, and 3rd parties are the only characters not in yet. (but you see a few shots of sonic fighting primid in his vid)

i also wonder if some characters will be left out because either theres no way to include them (maybe G@W) or they just wouldn't work well. and what happens to trophified people like zelda? (i love my new word trophified)

Frogla

Smash Ace
well, i for one want to know how the relation ship between pikachu and PK trainer will be. it might be strange for a free pokemon to fight along side a few enslaved ones 0_o

and what about the ice climbers? but the ones i'm most interested in are fox and samus, who both have ships to attack the halberd with.

link and yoshi are shown in a desert area, zzs is in her ship, i think the pokemon and lucas , ike, and 3rd parties are the only characters not in yet. (but you see a few shots of sonic fighting primid in his vid)

i also wonder if some characters will be left out because either theres no way to include them (maybe G@W) or they just wouldn't work well. and what happens to trophified people like zelda? (i love my new word trophified)
This is from the Nintendo Press Conference

Game storyline: In multiplayer games, characters from all Nintendo universes meet up in Nintendo locales to duke it out. In the solo mode called “The Subspace Emissary,” the world of Smash Bros. is invaded by an entity called the Ancient Minister and his army of creatures, called “The Primid.” Normally, characters come alive in the world of Smash Bros. to do battle, then turn back into trophies when defeated. However, the Ancient Minister starts turning characters into trophies to harness their power, then detonates bombs that suck pieces of the world back into his realm of Subspace. Eventually, all the characters must work together to defeat the invading creatures from Subspace - this is accomplished by playing through side-scrolling levels.
it says all charachters are getting the limelight even game and watch

http://gonintendo.com/?p=27202

maxieman

Smash Ace
I imagined that sonic would be running through a forest and hear voices, he looks past some trees and sees the Smash Bros. fighting at a stage (maybe across an ocean to delfino plaza) Mario beats em all to bits and starts gloating so sonic thinks it might be fun to show him what he can do. SOnic runs across the water to delfino plaza and starts going toe to toe with mario

SSBMasterFox

Smash Ace
I live in a little place called Strawberry, Arkans
What I wanna know is how unlockable characters will be put in there. In Melee, the unlockables didn't have they're own part in Adenture Mode; they were only put into parts for charcters who they shared a game with. Like, Jigglypuff and Pichu were at Pokémon Stadium, but otherwise didn't have their own part. Falco appeared randomly as the second Fox fight afer you get him. Link could be avoided altogether, and he wasn't even unlockable, and there was a low chance of seeing Luigi.

Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Marth, Roy, Dr. Mario, Mr. Game & Watch, and Young Link weren't even IN Adventure Mode!!

My guess is that this was to avoid 'spoilers' for anyone playing through Adventure Mode, but the Subspace Emissary would just seem kind of incomplete if they left the unlockables out. It would still ROCK, but you get the idea.

If Ganondorf was unlockable, and they did what they did Melee, he wouldn't get a part in the Subspace Emissary!! I know, I know, 'Brawl =/= Melee," but still...

I bet they'll find a way to put them in; maybe they'll add a new 'chapter' to the story every time you unlock a character. How do you think it'll be done?

Frogla

Smash Ace
we already know unlockables are in, we saw a clip of sonic in it. And there is no doubt he is unlockable

Wow i notice people dont put the pieces together like i do.

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
I think Game and Watch will be like inside the System the Game and Watch, and then like one of the guys in the halberd (villain) is like "Useless machine..." or something. Then he/she/it throws the system and it hits the wall and Game and Watch comes out :grin:

Red Exodus

Smash Master
They probably let you unlock certain characters by unlocking their story or you unlock the character in some other mode, which in turn would unlock the story.

SSBMasterFox

Smash Ace
I live in a little place called Strawberry, Arkans
Ha, well, I said I thought they'd find a way. I don't think they're gonna just leave 'em out; I was just wondering what opinions there were on how they won't spoil all the characters, that's all.

For example, my idea was just adding a little bit to the Subspace Emissary every time you unlock someone.

Top Bottom