• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How will certain items work with the pokemon?

C3rvantos

Smash Rookie
How will Charizard carry a crate or a beamsword or homerunbat (aren't its little arms way too short)
How can Ivysaur or pikachu slip over a banana peel? (a 4 legged animal can't slip over one)
Characters can run around with the cracker launcher and the super scope - How will Pikachu run around with those if he needs his hind legs to pull the trigger

Obviously I'm being way too serious here and I'm sure they found something out but I'm still curious

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Im interested to see how Ivysaur handles items, especially ones like the cracker launcher or super scope.

expect him to use vines, that seems like his only way to truly grab. Man, what a fun character to play he'll be. :)

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Ivysaur is gonna carry items with it's vines, in the show Bulbasaur and other grass types use their vines like arms/hands.

jakemcnugget

Smash Rookie
charizard will probably carry crates the same way he carries rocks in his >B move. and he can carry beamswords & stuff, too. theyre not that short.

um, 4-legged animals CAN slip.

pikachu will use his mouth for guns, just like in melee. ivysaur will probably either use his mouth or his vines.

and yes, you are being too serious.

vinternet

Smash Cadet
Better question: how will the Super Mushroom, or Metal Box work? Do they carry over when they do down b or is it char. specific?

Viscano

Smash Apprentice
Charizard probably just holds stuff
Squirtle probably struggles with it over his head for boxes, and just holds items normally
Ivysaur probably holds them with its vine.

Master Cat

Smash Rookie
Charizard won't have any problems holding stuff. I mean, Rock Smash shows him holding a boulder, so he can easily carry a crate. Plus, he seems to have at least semi-opposable thumbs (if that makes any sense) so weapons are also doable. As for Ivysaur, I'm sure he'll use vines, considering that Mewtwo uses his psychic powers to use items (though I think Mewtwo's just too lazy to actually hold an item). Squirtle, on the other hand, will probably have a bit of trouble, but it's feasible that he'll wield items like Pikachu. I just hope they don't squish Squrtle under crates and barrels. o_o;

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
yeah charzard's arms aren't small at all. they're longer than yoshi's and yoshi held items just fine.
i don't think squirtle will be squished though, i think he'll have more physical strength than pikachu, nice solid arms, and that shell will make carrying crates and barrels easier.
but i was also thinking it'd be cool if charizard held items like the home-run bat and beam sword with his tail

m0dredus

Hail Hydra
How can Ivysaur or pikachu slip over a banana peel? (a 4 legged animal can't slip over one)
My dog slips all the time...

Anyway, I'm going with the vines theory for Ivy. Ant Charizard will be fine. I visualize him wielding weapons like the Cracker ans SScope under one of his harms., you know, like how people hold basket balls sometimes, with one of their arms wrapped around it.

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
lol, charizard with the hammer will be funny to watch. he'll most likely use his arms, they are long enough. but one of the new Japanese commercials (or maybe the trailer) you can see Ivysaur holding the hammer with his mouth.

mattram08

Smash Apprentice
Squirtle will probably just carry it a little awkwardly
Ivysaur I think will probably use his vines to hold items
Charizard could hold the bigger items with his hands but maybe use his mouth for the smaller ones (kinda dragon style)

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I still want to know what happens if you're holding an item with Squirtle and you switch to Ivysaur. Will Ivysaur be holding the item too?

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
good question. i think so. they can't just make the item dissappear can they? maybe the item gets left behind right where you switch so you'll have to pick it up again.

Top Bottom