• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How, where and when to watch major tournament streams without getting spoiled

Jessesmari

Smash Rookie
Hello there,

I'm from Germany, Europe and relatively new in the smash competitive world. I play casually but love to watch competitive matches on pro level. Therefore I often find myself on YouTube and in case of major tournaments even on Twitch. But there's a problem:

Due to the time zone differences there is almost no way for me in Germany to watch the events live and so I have no choice but to wait for VGBootCamps full tournament day videos published with delay on Twitch. But sometimes - like now with day 3/3 of Double Down 2022 - certain episodes of some tournaments seem to not get published. Of course, looking for a reason or even the missing video itself is often followed by spoilers for the tournament results. That's frustrating.

Now my questions are:

1. If the livestreams are no option because of the european time delay, how, where and when would I be able to watch a whole tournament without getting spoiled by text, thumbnails or in case of grand finals even video duration length in general? Is VGBootCamp (or comparable Twitch channels) even the preferred way to do so?

2. In case of Double Down 2022 in particular: Will day 3/3 be published in the near future?

I would appreciate if potential answers would avoid any spoilers for the Double Down 2022 results.

Thanks! 🙂

Top Bottom