• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How well does a Falco/ICs duo cover matchups?

LeadRod

Smash Apprentice
NNID
420B-LAZE-IT!!
I've been playing for a while and Falco has been my consistent main for about a year. I have recently begun to mess around with ICs and just love the depth to them and am thinking about having them as a secondary or possibly dual maining. I have seen the message boards on the ICs Matchups but its mostly info on what to do and what not to do. I'm just looking for a quick answer as to whether they cover each others weaker matchups well.

ex. I know Peach v. Falco can be a rough matchup for Falco but I know its WAAAAAy less of a nightmare than IC v. Peach.

Flippy Flippersen

Smash Journeyman
Tbh Falco does better against anything and when you get to the matchups where falco struggles most, ics simply struggle more. If you like ics have fun messing around with them though.

Last edited:

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Falco/ICs is a decent combination.
Most of the matchups will be preference, but falco covers fox, has a way easier time against samus, probably has an at least even matchup with peach (even though it still can be hard to learn I guess). Things like falcon/ganon are also a lot simpler with falco, which is nice.
For me, the big one is really fox. Falco/Fox is pretty even, whereas ICs struggle with it a lot more.

A big thing is stage too. Falco does a lot better than ICs on a lot of the bigger stages in most matchups, so you wouldn't have to worry as much about things like platform camping on battlefield/dreamland.

All that said, dual maining is a lot of work in practice, even though in theory it sounds like a way better idea. But you still need to know all the matchups with both characters, and put a lot of work into both to be successful.

LeadRod

Smash Apprentice
NNID
420B-LAZE-IT!!
Falco/ICs is a decent combination.
Most of the matchups will be preference, but falco covers fox, has a way easier time against samus, probably has an at least even matchup with peach (even though it still can be hard to learn I guess). Things like falcon/ganon are also a lot simpler with falco, which is nice.
For me, the big one is really fox. Falco/Fox is pretty even, whereas ICs struggle with it a lot more.

A big thing is stage too. Falco does a lot better than ICs on a lot of the bigger stages in most matchups, so you wouldn't have to worry as much about things like platform camping on battlefield/dreamland.

All that said, dual maining is a lot of work in practice, even though in theory it sounds like a way better idea. But you still need to know all the matchups with both characters, and put a lot of work into both to be successful.
Great advice! Thanks.

Top Bottom