• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Watch ARMS Saga

Who's ready to catch these ARMS?! 2GGaming's 2GGC: ARMS Saga is this weekend, here is a mini guide that we have compiled for your viewing pleasure.

What is ARMS Saga?

ARMS Saga Trailer

2GGC: ARMS Saga is an upcoming national Super Smash Bros. for Wii U tournament, set to be held on July 8th, 2017 in Santa Ana, California. Organized by 2GGaming, it will serve as the sixth qualifier of their 2GG Championship Series. The event was confirmed on June 8th, 2017, when 2GGaming's Twitter account posted a tweet stating that they would hold the tournament as their 'July Saga,' provided the tweet got one thousand retweets within a day; the tweet reached the goal in less than an hour, and ARMS Saga was announced as promised.

True to its name, the tournament will be dedicated to the game ARMS for the Nintendo Switch, and will feature a side ARMS tournament in addition to the regular Smash 4 brackets; this marks the first 2GG Saga ever to be dedicated to anything outside the Super Smash Bros. series. It will also be dedicated to Little Mac to bring together the theme of both ARMS (a competitive long-range boxing game) and Smash, and is expected to feature top Little Mac players from around the world.

Attending Top Talent

Player | Character
BSD Elegant | :4luigi:
CLG VoiD | :4sheik:
LG Abadango | :4mewtwo:
PG Rich Brown | :4mewtwo:
RNG Dabuz | :rosalina:
MVG FOX MKLeo | :4cloud2:
TSM ZeRo | :4diddy::4lucina:
MSF Larry Lurr | :4fox:
P1 Tweek | :4dk::4cloud2:
KEN | :4sonic:
DNG Kameme | :4megaman:
P1 Captain Zack | :4bayonetta2:
Mr. R | :4sheik:
Cosmos | :4corrinf:
Locus | :4ryu:
2GG Komorikiri | :4sonic::4cloud2:
2GG Ranai | :4villager:

Want to know more? You've come to the right place. Below is a quick guide we prepared on how to watch this highly anticipated event, including stream links and daily schedules for the various games featured.

Day 1 - July 8th

The first day of ARMS Sags will entail of Doubles & Singles pools, Doubles top 12, and ARMS pools.

Time (PST) | Event | Stream
10 AM - 6PM | Singles Pools | 2GG
10AM - 6PM | ARMS Pools | 2GG
10 PM - 2PM | Doubles Pools | 2GG
6 PM | Doubles Top 12 | 2GG

Day 2 - July 9th

The second day of ARMS Saga will entail of Singles Top 48, ARMS Top 32, ARMS Top 8 and Singles Top 8.

Time (EST) | Event | Stream
10 AM | Singles Top 48 | 2GG
10 AM | ARMS Top 32 | 2GG
2 PM | ARMS Top 8 | 2GG
5 PM | Singles Top 8 | 2GG

What are your thoughts on this event? Will we see any debuting stars in the ARMS event? A classic upset in pools? Another 2GGC victory for TSM | ZeRo or a fresh new face? We'll have to tune in and find out!

Josh Olalde

Comments

Well, as usual I still pray for my girl :4lucina: to walk away with a top finish. But since there will be some :4littlemac: players, I shall pray for at least one of them to finish at least top 16, kind of like how a :gawmelee: recently placed top 16 in a major.

Oh bother! Lest I forget, I shall be rooting for Ribbon Girl in the ARMS event.

Last edited:
Wait, Smash 4 Top 48 and ARMS Top 32 are happening at the same time on the same stream (10 AM on Sunday on 2ggaming)? Is this wrong, or how is this going to work?

The Arms Saga has ended and my girl :rosalina: walks away with total victory. I feel a praise up in this room... :)

Oh, and lest I forget, I commend the :4littlemac: players for a wonderful performance. Only two of y'all placed top 32.

Top Bottom