• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to wall jump

GingaBread

Smash Cadet
Pretty much any time when making contact with the wall. The timing for it is pretty liberal. Though that means that if you up b already against a wall you can wall jump a little earlier than expected for a quick mix up.

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
Pretty much any time when making contact with the wall. The timing for it is pretty liberal. Though that means that if you up b already against a wall you can wall jump a little earlier than expected for a quick mix up.
do you lose your second jump after you wall jump?

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
NOTE: If you wanna do more wall jump up B's every one after the first, has a 1 frame execution.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
Here is how it works, I recommend making a stage on Stage Builder and building a large wall on one side, or just training at the left side of the Training Room stage. Let me start with simple ways of wall jumping. Of course, wall jumping depends on your situation and how you want to pull it off:

Basic Wall Jump: Go against a wall and tap your analog stick against the opposite direction of the wall. This means if the wall you are jumping on is at the left, you have to tap :GCR: and not :GCL:.

Offensive Wall Jump: Used to save yourself (or at least try) when getting to a ledge with a person ledge guarding. Get a bit lower than the ledge, wall jump a small amount away from the ledge, and use up-b to push them away.

Defensive Wall Jump Guarding: Grab a ledge, slide off it by tapping :GCD: and either attack and then wall jump, or wall jump first, attack, and then recover.

Up-B Wall Jump: Up-b against a wall, wall jump of it and do so again.

These are the types of wall jumps I know. I wish I could make videos explaining how, but all I got is a cheap iPhone camera and an LCD screen. Maybe one day, eh? Good luck!

Top Bottom