• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How To Utilize Sheik's OOS Options

Jmook11

Smash Apprentice
So I've been a Sheik main for a while and i need help with fully utilizing Sheik's amazing OOS options. I realize that this is an important factor against Spacies, so which ones are best for certain situations?

The Lemon

Smash Cadet
Yeah, Sheik has a pretty strong shield game. Nair OoS is generally seen more vs the spacies MU's. Generally, when you're being shield pressured, you nair OoS when you see a shine... or a really early aerial. Just keep in mind that Fox's shield pressure game is lot tighter than Falco's, so it's a little riskier on Fox than Falco.

You can also do aerials OoS when characters do unsafe pokes on your shield, like if a puff fairs your shield and doesn't fade back after, you can probably get a free nair. Even if she does fade back, you can WD OoS and try to punish her fade back with a DA or something like that (this is pretty hard, I think).

Another common situation is if you shield something as laggy as a marth fsmash. If it's not tipper, it's unsafe, and you can WD OoS and punish with grab.

Jmook11

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Sheik has a pretty strong shield game. Nair OoS is generally seen more vs the spacies MU's. Generally, when you're being shield pressured, you nair OoS when you see a shine... or a really early aerial. Just keep in mind that Fox's shield pressure game is lot tighter than Falco's, so it's a little riskier on Fox than Falco.

You can also do aerials OoS when characters do unsafe pokes on your shield, like if a puff fairs your shield and doesn't fade back after, you can probably get a free nair. Even if she does fade back, you can WD OoS and try to punish her fade back with a DA or something like that (this is pretty hard, I think).

Another common situation is if you shield something as laggy as a marth fsmash. If it's not tipper, it's unsafe, and you can WD OoS and punish with grab.
I agree with the WD OoS on Marth's F-Smash...I've used it and its very beneficial.

I was just asking since I want to get the most out of Sheik

Top Bottom