• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to use Yoshi's Egg Toss

Guide How to use Yoshi's Egg Toss

ben1707

Smash Cadet
NNID
chisko3000
Thisi is actually helpful, but I have a doubt: why is it better to do it in that akward 30° angle when you can just do it with the upper "corner" of the control stick?

Pixel_

Smash Ace
It could end up in a Side b, but I guess you can do either if you're sure it works consistently

EDIT: oh oops, forgot to test this on other controllers. Does it work more consistently on the GameCube controller? (I used Gamepad)

Last edited:

TheRedLemming

Smash Cadet
When I use the upper corner, I get egg roll, rather than egg toss. (GC Controller)

This being basics, there isn't anything wrong with it, I would say there are more than 3 angles you can throw the egg at though, and there's also a bigger scale of differences to throw your egg depending on how long you hold the B Button. From the middle of Regular Battle Field, with a proper placement you can easily get it to go off the edge of the stage and further down, and from the forms you should be able to hit most of the other platforms.

Good stuff though for basics!

Last edited:

ben1707

Smash Cadet
NNID
chisko3000
It could end up in a Side b, but I guess you can do either if you're sure it works consistently

EDIT: oh oops, forgot to test this on other controllers. Does it work more consistently on the GameCube controller? (I used Gamepad)
I think it is. TBH I almost never get the accidental egg roll (even tho it still happens). I think it's more about timing the flicking of the stick more than anything else.

Top Bottom