• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to use sonic ... what all those B moves can really do

Srules

Smash Apprentice
This is for people who are baffled by sonic's move set and that maybe think sonic is a bad character.

Here are some tips:

start by pressing B over and hold it down for a while > let go >
at point of impact press neutral A > now your in the air .. > "insert ANY attack here" > now press B over again (while still in the air) > start from beginning

u can replace b over with b down and get a slightly different but equally effective combo

this cycle is crazy.

Once you master this type of combo your opponent will struggle to get any moves off. You will most likely be able to rack up a good amount of damage using this combo at which point u can just resort to any playing style to KO your opponent.

Good luck with this technique and post which moves you think work best under the "insert ANY attack here" part of the combo

Srules

Smash Apprentice
personally I like pressing neutral A at that point so I am constantly in a ball. You should try it out!

jimmy4265

Smash Rookie
Thanks so much.

I want to develop Sonic as my main -- speed is something that I find to be crucial as a part of my style of play.

This will really help

Raizor_Blaid

Smash Rookie
It's so easy for the opponent to dodge the spin dash though <_<

Or they could just use an attack and that would stop you as well.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Raizor, that's why you jump every now and then and use a homing attack or something else. there are a lot of options relative to what other characters can do with their side/down b moves.

Top Bottom