• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to use sawndz?

BobbyBoy

Smash Rookie
Okay, so I have a sawndz file and i have all my files (the sawndz program the smashbrossoundbrsar and even the sawndz file that i want to insert) in the same folder ( private > wii > app > RSBE > pf > sound ) and i click insert sawnd and choose the sawnd file to add. in the sawndz program a little box pops up with text showing what processes are happening for a brief moment and then it says "done" and closes. After that I go to play and the deed hasn't been "done." I still have the same sounds as before. Wat am i doing wrong? I have the newest version of sawndz, i use riivolution, and this is all on a 2gb sd card. Please help. I'm new to sawndz and i got my first sfx file from brawl vault and it was an already made sawndz file. I've looked everywhere and all i keep seeing is "click insert sawnd" and that's what i did.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Stable file replacement code does not support smashbros_sound.brsar replacement.

BobbyBoy

Smash Rookie
Hey thanks for the reply. and what's the stable file replacement code? is it something i have to remove or do i have to change programs or something?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It's File Replacement Code 3.0. PW had tried working on FPC 4.0, but it's very buggy.

BobbyBoy

Smash Rookie
Is there anyway to fix this? Do I have to get a later version of the file replacement code or something? I just want to be able to switch sfx. And of course it's been done, but how did everyone else get theirs to work?

BobbyBoy

Smash Rookie
Okay so while the program was making the new ISO with some codes altered, I went to look for some textures to change (because i had previously gotten ike's to work) and after trying every directory i had texture codes in i finally found the right one (i really should delete all of the extra failed ones) and the directory that works is brawlmods/textures/fighter/character/ Should I make a "sound" folder in brawlmods or anywhere else? cause i know there's gotta be a way to replace sfx with riivolution. that's the specific reason i switched from gecko os to riivolution, because i saw people saying gecko os doesn't support sfx replacement. Btw thanks for your replies they really do help

BobbyBoy

Smash Rookie
oh and the whole ISO talk was because i tried creating an iso with the codes altered. i didn't test it out yet but it seems like much more of a hassle. how exactly do i use riivolution to make it replace the .brsar in-game? i made a directory brawlmods/sound and put the brsar in there. i don't know if that's what i was supposed to do though it was just me guessing. but it didn't work

agoaj

Smash Cadet
My file replacement tool makes it easier to work with Riivolution. Just dump your files on your sd card/USB drive in any order or name you want. Then use the program to select what you want to replace, simple view lists the characters/stages/music in english, and it's easy to find smashbros_sound.brsar under the all files tab and select your custom one. Then you just save it as a riivolution .xml file in your riivolution folder.
You can get it from brawl vault http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=24955

BobbyBoy

Smash Rookie
Hey thanks for the reply agoaj. I downloaded your program and it really looks useful. Are there any guides on it? It does look easy to use it's just that I'm kind of new so I still need a little help. I see the way it replaces files is awesome. It only targets that certain type of file that you want to change when you select the browse button to find the replacement file. That way no mistakes can be made. Convenient! I've gotten used to the whole file replacement deal with textures before, but this just makes it easier. I hope I can get the sfx files working with this too. That was what I was having trouble with originally.

I have a few questions though.

1). I've noted that in the riivolution folder before i add the custom xml created by your program there's already two xml files in there. One named "SSBBtemplate" and "modlauncher" can I just keep these two files in there along with my custom xml? I've read another post saying that riivolution allows you to select which xml file to use when booting, so if that's the case, that's awesome.

2). You stated that I had to dump my files onto my sd card. This is essential, right? Cause if the files aren't in my sd as well, the xml won't be able to direct riivolution to use them right? So it's best to add the files to the sd before adding anything to the xml file. So it's certain that it's directing to the right files right? (alot of rights lol)

3). I'm using a 4gb sd to test this out. Is that okay?

Thanks(:

agoaj

Smash Cadet
Hey thanks for the reply agoaj. I downloaded your program and it really looks useful. Are there any guides on it? It does look easy to use it's just that I'm kind of new so I still need a little help. I see the way it replaces files is awesome. It only targets that certain type of file that you want to change when you select the browse button to find the replacement file. That way no mistakes can be made. Convenient! I've gotten used to the whole file replacement deal with textures before, but this just makes it easier. I hope I can get the sfx files working with this too. That was what I was having trouble with originally.

I have a few questions though.

1). I've noted that in the riivolution folder before i add the custom xml created by your program there's already two xml files in there. One named "SSBBtemplate" and "modlauncher" can I just keep these two files in there along with my custom xml? I've read another post saying that riivolution allows you to select which xml file to use when booting, so if that's the case, that's awesome.
Yes, you can pick and choose which one to use, I think you can even use multiple! The xml file created by the program has an on/off switch you can flip in Riivolution if you want to load something else. Those other XML files are for easily using your normal gecko code setup where everything is in the right folders with the right names.
2). You stated that I had to dump my files onto my sd card. This is essential, right? Cause if the files aren't in my sd as well, the xml won't be able to direct riivolution to use them right? So it's best to add the files to the sd before adding anything to the xml file. So it's certain that it's directing to the right files right? (alot of rights lol)
Yes, if you set it up for a bunch of stuff on your C drive, none of it's going to be there when Riivolution is running on your Wii.
3). I'm using a 4gb sd to test this out. Is that okay?
Yes, Riivolution supports SDHC cards.

Top Bottom