• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to turn off the WiiU Gamepad screen while playing?

the8thark

Smash Lord
I play a some games with the WiiU pro controller only. Monster Hunter 3 and Hyrule Warriors to name 2. But for those games I have to leave the WiiU Gamepad's screen on as there is no way to turn it off. Or is there a way? If so I have not found it.
This is one thing that annoys me a lot actually.

A second thing is if you use the quick start menu to boot up into the old Wii part of the WIiU, you can not turn off the WiiU Gamepad screen either. You have to boot in fully and hit the Wii channel the old fashioned way to have the option to turn off the Gamepad screen.

Do either of things annoy you too?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You actually can turn off the GamePad's screen by going to the HOME menu. You can change the controller configurations from there, which does include putting the GamePad in standby mode.

I've done this while playing Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, along with DuckTales: Remastered.

the8thark

Smash Lord
I didn't know this. I'll have took into this tonight. Thank you.

Top Bottom