• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to turn around mid air to shoot charge shot?

Valar Morghulis

Smash Rookie
I do this occasionally on accident but I've seen it used by other players intentionally and was wondering how to do this on command. Is there a term for this? Also, if you don't know what I'm talking about, here is a video of Duck doing it on accident too: https://youtu.be/05Wl6l7-l_I?t=7m54s

He wanted to shoot it at falcon and probably would have, but somehow turned around during the ledge hop and fired the charge shot in the wrong direction

GoomySmash

Smash Apprentice
There's 2 ways to turn around your neutral B. (I'm pretty sure it's just called a B turnaround)
Option 1: Flick the control stick the opposite way you're facing, quickly return the stick to neutral and then fire the charge shot

Option 2: Slightly hold the control stick the opposite way you're facing, as in this diagram: http://imgur.com/a/2na5b#6 and fire the charge shot

In that specific situation it's hard to tell which one Duck did, but I'm guessing he flicked away to let go of the ledge and then because he shot the charge shot shortly after it got turned around, so I'd guess he accidentally input Option 1.

cisyphus

Smash Ace
Wavebouncing isn't part of melee ;)

But yeah, Melee reads the last momentum that you inputted on your character to decide which way a neutral be will face. This isn't very obvious with Samus due to her low air mobility. What happened to Duck is he held back to get off ledge for too long, and it registered as a ledge release and then also registered the leftward momentum. C-stick to release ledge is more consistent for that kind of thing, but you can also just slam the stick the way you want first and be fine too.

s/o to goomy for those diagrams. Been searching for them for some time.

Top Bottom