• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to train yourself.

Its-a-Mina

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
8167 5153 7033
I am not new to the smash community, I however want to get much better at the game so I could compete in tournaments and not look like I barely know what I'm doing. In sm4sh I play a lot of Peach and Corrin occasionally Marth, I'm dropping smash four and going to start with ultimate to become much better than how I was before, how would I go upon training myself to get better with my practicing?

I use the default controls I could possibly use my "L" button as jump especially for peach but maybe default works.

I obviously use GameCube controllers since it's the only character I know with smash since melee.
What're some tips I could get to get better with the characters I play, some good things to help me practice.

However I do know some combos with peach but it might only work in smash four.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Playing online is a good start. If you lose, check the match replay and see where you went wrong, then hit the lab and practice on that weak point. Experiment with multiple situations to become a more well-rounded player, such as edgeguarding, frame traps, etc. Another thing you could do is find players who are better than you who also play your characters, and ask them to give you tips or spar with them. They will be able to tell you where you’re going wrong in your playstyle and what kind of habits need to be changed.

Its-a-Mina

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
8167 5153 7033
Should I find players who plays the same characters, to learn how to play the characters I play efficiently?

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Should I find players who plays the same characters, to learn how to play the characters I play efficiently?
Yes. If not, look up pro matches on YouTube of that character and study what they do.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Watch pro players who use the same fighters you do. It really helps, especially when you begin applying the same tactics they do. If you have any tournaments or other Smash communities near you, I strongly recommend you join them.

Top Bottom