• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Train Advanced Techs?

Tubby_

Smash Rookie
Hey Everyone! I'm new to the competitive scene, and I've been trying to practice wave dashing and l-canceling, but I have no idea how. The only thing I know to do is go to training mode (as fox) and dair into a shine, and see if it shows 4 consecutive hits.. I want to put the time I use in this game effectively by practicing. Ways of practicing any techs welcomed!
-Tubby

Last edited:

Acurutax

Smash Rookie
First of all. Dont do training mode you can't use the c-stick there.
You can clearly see (even "feel") when the l-cancel has been used.
Plug in 2 controllers and pick bowser as your dummy, since he is the heaviest. Then go to rules; infinite time. handicap on and 0.5 dmg ratio.
Put bowsers handicap to 9 and urs to 1. Go to fd and keep at it. Include the c-stick its just so much better.

AceMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KnowledgeMan
It depends on what you want to do, if you want to do tech that doesn't require the c-stick (like SHDL), I recommend using training mode at 1/4 speed to perfect you're timing, once you have the timing down/need to use the c-stick, I recommend the Single Person Melee glitch. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

oats_

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't recommend using training mode at slower speeds. Possible at 2/3rds speed, but definitely not at 1/4 speed. You might as well just learn the techs at full speed.

Top Bottom