• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to tell where Nana will throw?

LobotomyPop :^)

You fricked up, mister.
So a problem I've come across when getting better at chain grabbing is when Nana is grabbing, where she throws seems almost random to me. However, I'm almost certain there's a pattern to where she throws, because players like Wobbles always seem to know where she'll throw. Anyone know what the pattern to this is?

ilysm

sleepy
When near a ledge or the edge of a platform, Nana will always throw to the ledge. At all other times it is, in fact, random. Players like Wobbles are very familiar with the followups they can get off of each of Nana's throws and are very good at reacting to them, to the point that it looks almost like they know where she'll throw ahead of time (which is impossible midstage). I'm still working on it myself. Just practice! You'll get the hang of it over time.

LobotomyPop :^)

You fricked up, mister.
When near a ledge or the edge of a platform, Nana will always throw to the ledge. At all other times it is, in fact, random. Players like Wobbles are very familiar with the followups they can get off of each of Nana's throws and are very good at reacting to them, to the point that it looks almost like they know where she'll throw ahead of time (which is impossible midstage). I'm still working on it myself. Just practice! You'll get the hang of it over time.
Thanks for the tip, dude. I was beginning to think maybe they throw towards the ledge they're closest to, but then Nana started doing up and down throws in the mid section of FD, so I was just like ffffffff****. So yeah, thanks a **** ton for clearin' things up, fam.

Last edited:

Smdp

Smash Rookie
So a problem I've come across when getting better at chain grabbing is when Nana is grabbing, where she throws seems almost random to me. However, I'm almost certain there's a pattern to where she throws, because players like Wobbles always seem to know where she'll throw. Anyone know what the pattern to this is?
What I've noticed is that if she pummels for a longish time she is ether going to b-throw or release while if she is going to f-throw or d-throw she will do it after 1-2 pummels or immediately

Top Bottom