• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How To Studder Step

Volt826

Sup
So I've been using Diddy for a while now, and I really like that he has several kill setups to get the KO, but his easiest setups just don't kill early. Down tilt to up smash is very easy and effective, it just doesn't really kill early at all. I've heard that down tilt can true combo into a forward smash, if you "studder step" the forward smash. What exactly is a studder step and how do I perform it?

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
So I've been using Diddy for a while now, and I really like that he has several kill setups to get the KO, but his easiest setups just don't kill early. Down tilt to up smash is very easy and effective, it just doesn't really kill early at all. I've heard that down tilt can true combo into a forward smash, if you "studder step" the forward smash. What exactly is a studder step and how do I perform it?
Stutterstep, Kara Smash is when you press forward, and within a few frames activate Fsmash. The combo is possible without it, but it can be DI'ed easily or just FF Shielded.

So you have to step forward, and then Fsmash. It is super easy with C-stick Smash, but tilts are better with Diddy usually. So I would suggest training room, and watching ZeRo or some other diddy performing the combo. Check out my Youtube, as I believe I have a video on Dtilt combos.

Volt826

Sup
Stutterstep, Kara Smash is when you press forward, and within a few frames activate Fsmash. The combo is possible without it, but it can be DI'ed easily or just FF Shielded.

So you have to step forward, and then Fsmash. It is super easy with C-stick Smash, but tilts are better with Diddy usually. So I would suggest training room, and watching ZeRo or some other diddy performing the combo. Check out my Youtube, as I believe I have a video on Dtilt combos.

Ok, thanks. I do use smash stick, and I can see how that would be easier. Can I have a link to your YT?

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.

Ok, thanks. I do use smash stick, and I can see how that would be easier. Can I have a link to your YT?
It is in my signature, if it isn't showing up, just look up Sonicninja Youtube.

Edit: Understood what you meant, but check out my youtube anyway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom