• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to start on FF7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperTorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperTorn
I've been thinking on starting a FF game lately and then this happened so this seems like the perfect time. I'm too confused as there's like 50 titles only for the 7th in the series, I know FF7 is on the PS1 and I got that covered but is there anything important I should play after that regarding Cloud like FF7 sequels and continuations? There's too many titles I can't tell where to go

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (PSP), Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (Movie), and Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII (PS2), are the only Final Fantasy VII chapters that are important. There's also Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII on mobile phones in Japan, where you play as the Turks, but best of luck trying to find that.

SuperTorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperTorn
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (PSP), Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (Movie), and Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII (PS2), are the only Final Fantasy VII chapters that are important. There's also Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII on mobile phones in Japan, where you play as the Turks, but best of luck trying to find that.
That's good, thanks! I'm assuming it has to be in that order right or any order?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Technically, any order. But, if you MUST play them in chronological story line order, then it would be:

- Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
- Final Fantasy VII
- Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
- Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII

If you're lucky enough to find Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII, then that game takes place before Crisis Core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom