• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Shine OOS (Falco)

Staub

Smash Cadet
Hello,

I keep seeing videos of people shining OOS and I cannot find a good video that actually explains it. I keep seeing the controller in a video but its hard to tell what they are doing. Any tips?I don't want to flick the stick up then down then B but I feel as though that is a.) not technically sound b.) leads to a bad habit of not having full control of the shine.

I could be wrong

I am open to everything!

GhostM

Phantom
You don’t have to flick the stick up and then shine, as you could do it by pressing x and then shine, but frame buffering a jump using c-stick up is a lot more better because it allows you to jump out on frame 1 when an opponent is pressuring your shield. I can understand why you wouldn’t want to use it, as you don’t have control of your character nor jump height, but usually people would frame buffer jump using c-stick, and then cancel the jump with shine the first frame after jump squat.

Staub

Smash Cadet
You don’t have to flick the stick up and then shine, as you could do it by pressing x and then shine, but frame buffering a jump using c-stick up is a lot more better because it allows you to jump out on frame 1 when an opponent is pressuring your shield. I can understand why you wouldn’t want to use it, as you don’t have control of your character nor jump height, but usually people would frame buffer jump using c-stick, and then cancel the jump with shine the first frame after jump squat.
wowwwww i literally didn't think it cancels the jump. I have much to learn, I guess I will use the stick to shine OOS, then for example just jump to BAir etc.

flyboy__

Smash Cadet
I've learned to shine OoS with a double-shine motion. It's kinda scary looking at first, but with some practice it will serve you in soooo many scenarios since you can use this motion for three different techniques (double-shine/multishine, shine OoS, JC shine for techchases). The only difference in this motion is that for double shine you hit B -> X -> B while for Shine OoS you don't do the initial B input.

Like Ghost said, all you're doing is jumping OoS and JCing with an instant shine in the five frame window that is your jump squat.

Multishine Guide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM_SnqTWHsI

Top Bottom