• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Ryu

Guide How to Ryu

smash alpha

Smash Rookie
smash alpha submitted a new guide:

How to Ryu - A good over how to play Ryu and his combos and kill setups

What's up everybody! Smash alpha here with a guide on Ryu, the champion of the street fighter series. This guide is for people who are using Ryu, know how his moves work(light hits, heavy hits, etc) and aren't exactly sure what to do with him or if you are just looking to see all the world warrior has in his arsenal of soul crushing artillery. So without further or do, Ryu.

About Ryu

Ryu is considered a high tier character with overall balanced stats. He has above average weight being the...
Read more about this guide...

Pixel_

Smash Ace
wait where's negative edge
It should at least be in the combos section

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
I think that adding bullet points would greatly improve the readability of the guide, as well as making your titles bold and/or underlined.

smash alpha

Smash Rookie
smash alpha updated How to Ryu with a new update entry:

How to Ryu 2

What's up everybody! Smash alpha here with a guide on Ryu, the champion of the street fighter series. This guide is for people who are using Ryu, know how his moves work(light hits, heavy hits, etc) and aren't exactly sure what to do with him or if you are just looking to see all the world warrior has in his arsenal of soul crushing artillery. So without further or do, Ryu.

About Ryu

Ryu is considered a high tier character with overall balanced stats. He has above average weight being...
Read the rest of this update entry...

Kid Alchemy

Smash Rookie
Yo everybody my smash alpha account got locked so I am gonna be using this account

LukeJD

Smash Rookie
Great guide! That ending paragraph honestly just made me grin because of how true it is. Ryu is a straight up monster.

Couple things, sour spot Fair is an amazing tool. It combos into pretty much everything, including jump-shoryu. Really good thing to have in your Arsenal, just another way to confirm a kill.

Also Focus Attack. One of his best tools, the mobility aspect to mix up your landing/recovery and also for reading attacks and punishing with huge damage.

Also, using tatsu to edge guard. If you run off the edge, tatsu toward the ledge and hold down you just create a constant, large hitbox right on the ledge point. Really really good for screwing characters that don't have hitboxes on their recorveries.

Really stoked to be getting into Ryu more! Such an engaging and rewarding character.

Kid Alchemy

Smash Rookie
I'm glad you like the guide and yea Ryu is truly a beast xd thanks for the extra info . Gonna make some more Ryu guides dedicated to specific topics like his neutral, combos, and his matchups

Top Bottom