• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to revitalize the scene

NH Cody

Smash Champion
if you like brawl and want to find others to play, there are actions you can take. Brawl may seem temporarily inactive, but this is only because a big chunk of the Brawl crowd is testing out Smash 4 and exploring the different mechanics. If given the opportunity, they will play Brawl.

For everyone who wants to play offline: host a tourney in your state! Some regions are doing Smash 4/Brawl combined tourneys. This might be the best approach, since it attracts both core crowds, who are willing to do either game. low entry fees and good advertising attract more entrants. If you feel you don't have enough resources to do a combined tourney, then you might have to do a lot more advertising to find enough entrants for just a Brawl tourney.

For everyone who wants to play online: there are several things you can do. One would be to request a ladder on a site such as www.smashladder.com. If the admins there see a lot of people would use the feature, they might make a Brawl ladder. Another would be to host online tournaments. For those of you who are wondering how to play online, there are explanations in many places such as here.

Summary: there are actions you can take to stimulate the scene. Offline tournaments are especially great if your region has a good venue and you as a host can reach out with advertising and are efficient at running the event. You can also find someone to cohost with, as in the case of combined tourneys, where 2 hosts would be very useful. Online ladder might be possible if we all request it.

Last edited:

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
Actually, my area's monthly has a Brawl event, but I'm not joining until they ban MK.

I would start my own, but I only have 1 setup and no idea how to run a tourney.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
banning mk is NOT what you need haha. It kills entrant numbers, and MK isn't an issue in 2015. Snake just won Apex!
and there are guides on this site about running a tourney

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
Actually, I've always wanted Snake banned. I've never cared much for competitive Melee due to how centralized on exploits and glitches the metagame is, and Snake is only viable as a character thanks to his utilt, boost grab, and DACUS. Well, that and his hitboxes are significantly larger than his animations. I can never enjoy a fight against Snake because he's just so cheap overall. Say what you will about ICs, at least they take some degree of skill to play.

MK isn't as big of an issue as he used to be, but he's still the best character in the game by far. Enough that I feel he's still worthy of a ban

You mentioned a guide? I'll have to look that up, thanks.

Last edited:

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Iceweasel trust me no character in Brawl is necessary to ban. other fighter games have even stronger characters that remain legal. Snake, MK, and ICs all take immense skill/execution to win high level tournaments lol.

RosalinaSama

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ROSA#211
NNID
Fracktail
3DS FC
2492-4324-7138
Switch FC
SW-1139-8011-8725
Actually, I've always wanted Snake banned. I've never cared much for competitive Melee due to how centralized on exploits and glitches the metagame is, and Snake is only viable as a character thanks to his utilt, boost grab, and DACUS. Well, that and his hitboxes are significantly larger than his animations. I can never enjoy a fight against Snake because he's just so cheap overall. Say what you will about ICs, at least they take some degree of skill to play.

MK isn't as big of an issue as he used to be, but he's still the best character in the game by far. Enough that I feel he's still worthy of a ban

You mentioned a guide? I'll have to look that up, thanks.
Snake takes a lot more skill to play than Ice Climbers, his setups with c4 and his other items are really really cool and imo it's harder than ice climbers chaingrabs by far

RosalinaSama

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ROSA#211
NNID
Fracktail
3DS FC
2492-4324-7138
Switch FC
SW-1139-8011-8725
I'm trying to organise tournaments in my region for Brawl, as it's the only game that doesn't have any, it's a kind of small region and I don't think the numbers would be very big at all but I'm hoping this can be a thing

Zargasaurus

Smash Apprentice
Just saying, some friends and I are trying to build a Brawl competetive scene. It is independant of the official things, complete with it's own tier list and rules.

Last edited:
Top Bottom