• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOW TO REVERSE EDGE CANCELLED EGGS & Show my your moves...~revised by park

park5150

Smash Ace
people need to know

:yoshi: Reverse ECE

So, Why ECE??
ECE is a really good stall, and actually can be used as a good edgeguard. But a Reverse ECE has more range when you edgeguard...It also looks prettty...

I will be using the control stick reference a lot. So, starting at the top, going clockwise. the top point is 1 and the bottom point is 5.

RIGHT EDGE

First, you need to know how to ece. [edge cancel eggs]. OK. If you are in the right edge.
You need to move to the 4th point and hold on to this spot then jump (x or y, not up). This will cause you to turn around. Then roll your control stick clock-wise from the 4th to the 1st and press up-b.
You should go straight up, and you might go a lttile to the right , but you should still catch on the edge. Practice this, and you shold be able to master it.

LEFT EDGE

First, you start off by letting go of the edge by going to the 6th point, and hold on to this and jump (with y or x), becuase it will cause you to turn around. Then you roll your control stick counter clockwise to the 1st or 8th and throw an egg. You should go straight up, but sometimes you might go a little to the left, but yoshi should still grab on.

:yoshi::yoshi::yoshi::yoshi::yoshi::yoshi::yoshi: :yoshi::yoshi::yoshi::yoshi::yoshi:

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Park, I'll trade you this level 68 Pikachu for your reverse ECE skills.

Trade me. You know you wanna.

park5150

Smash Ace
:yoshi: Park, I'll trade you this level 68 Pikachu for your reverse ECE skills.

Trade me. You know you wanna.
Follow my guide perfectly and you'll get them...doing R-ECE is so overrated!!!!!

Well, how good are you at ece? becaues you need taht completely mastered.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Wow @ how stupidly easy this is.

Park, you are officially responsible for making all super techy Yoshi tricks insanely easy. Now hop to it! We wanna see some results! ^_^

Miztik

Smash Master
this thread seems pretty mellow LOL hey jamie nice way to explain everything i think once you at more tricks to your guide it will get a sticky

Metà

Smash Master
I don't use Yoshi anymore, but every time I tried using this in an actual match, I killed myself. >_< Though, if I ever do take up Yoshi again, I'll try out your method.

Btw, your name reminds me of someone here I really don't like... Nothing against you or anything though, it's just, anyone who's been here a while should know what I'm talking about.

-PM-

Smash Ace
i finally mastered this =D

btw everyone go look at the new yoshi counter i made cause that guy stoped updating his =DDD

park5150

Smash Ace
whatever...i don't care about smashboards...anymore...this technique is like 5months old, so i finally started to make it....

Winnar

Smash Lord
whatever...i don't care about smashboards...anymore...this technique is like 5months old, so i finally started to make it....
>.> That's pretty depressing.

More periods there than at a feminism convention. ZING!

<_< I'll stop talking now.

*And now almost on topic* Yeah, it's a cool trick. If I had more time then I'd try to master it. BUT ALAS

D

Deleted member

THis works wonders, thanks park. Sorrry if i bumped a relatively old thread :p :yoshi: :yoshi: :kirby:

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Press back to leave the edge, immediately quarter-circle to up to jump the opposite direction. Throw in B ~1/10th a second later and you'll have a RECE without having to worry about fastfalling or missing the edge.

Note that this isn't anything new.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
This definitely isn't new. This has been being done as soon as ECE was discovered, almost immediately after release.

D1

Banned via Administration
This definitely isn't new. This has been being done as soon as ECE was discovered, almost immediately after release.
Its a "How-to" thread not a "New technique discovered!" thread.

If this was the case I would call RECEs...Parks.

Top Bottom