• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to remove names in the css?

Ageha Mist

Smash Rookie
Hello!

So just recently downloaded 3.5, and i was wondering how to remove the names in the css for aesthetic purposes. In 3.02 i did this by editing the nameEA7 file somewhere in MiscData[30]... but i cant seem to find it anymore.

Do you remove them a different way now or am i not looking hard enough?

any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Ageha Mist

Smash Rookie
huh, i realized when i open the new common5.pac file in brawlbox there doesnt seem to be a sc_selcharacter folder... i had been looking in the sc_selmap folder which seems to be the only one in there @_@

kinggainer

Smash Rookie
You need a newer version of BrawlBox.
So I tried using Brawlbox v67b and the sc_charselect will still not show up and using v68 gives a ton of compression errors on opening common5.pac any ideas?

Specifically that "Compression header does not match LZ77 format".

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
So I tried using Brawlbox v67b and the sc_charselect will still not show up and using v68 gives a ton of compression errors on opening common5.pac any ideas?

There's an even newer version than that. 0.73 I believe is the most recent (at least, the most recent I have).

Ondo

Smash Apprentice
There's an even newer version than that. 0.73 I believe is the most recent (at least, the most recent I have).
0.73b is the latest. Download from here. The official discussion thread is at http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=67847.0, but that's down right now.

Yeah, they switched to ExtendedLZ77 format, for better compression, and that's why the older versions aren't working.

Top Bottom