• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to record super smooth EMULATOR recordings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Kso made a vid showing how to record super smooth video recordings. Im making one showing how to make super smooth EMULATOR recordings. Sound fun? Hehe. Anyways what you will need is...

-Common sense
-Torrent client

Now lets get started.

First thing you are gonna have to do is download river past screen recorder pro. It will leave a watermark but ur gonna have to buy it to get rid of it... (lol) (Click here)

Install and set up and all.

Next you will need to get divx codec. (Click here)

Set it up

Now open riverpast and if you already have it open close it and re open it

Now it will ask you if you want to install the divx codec thingy. Install them

Now follow the pictures below

And now your done! It should be a very smooth recording and wont have any lag. The rest on how to start recording should be self explanatory. If you have any questions just reply and i will try to answer them

Thx to nephiros for teaching me most of this if not all XD

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
You can't download it, you need to buy it off ebay.

I got mine for $26, excluding packaging, which was $96.

Thank goodness I have it, I now realise that I made a huge mistake.

Could have got it cheaper.

---

In other news, thanks for changing the links, advertising torrents can get us shut down X_X

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
man you got your common sense for 26 bucks? i got outbid by some loser who snuck in at the last minute...

in other news, do you have to get the pro version? what about getting just the regular one?

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
at what speed should i be recording this thing? (max speed) and i also noticed that you selected a region, is that better than say recording the window?

As of right now, i can't get it to spit out anything. it just makes a small 64 k file that does nothing.

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
Is there any way to get around the 2 minute time limit? It seems like that would prevent any matches from being recorded. Also, I followed all the instructions and it worked, but it was anything but smooth. The video was very choppy and skipped around a lot, it looked like a slideshow.

EDIT: Here is a sample of what the quality is like, in a non-lagging online game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdovvXsaEpc

Also, the sound can only be heard with my speaker volume all the way up and it is drowned out in static.

okaygo

Smash Journeyman
Horrible guide, sub-optimal video codec, no sound compression. I don't agree with the method of recording either, however due to Project64K's closed source, and the stuborness of Smash Players, recording gameplay sucks.

I could rewrite Mupen64K to support advanced recording/playback, and coming to think of it... I might do it when I'm done with some things, thanks Banned User BHLRMO... you sparked some of my interests again.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Horrible guide, sub-optimal video codec, no sound compression. I don't agree with the method of recording either, however due to Project64K's closed source, and the stuborness of Smash Players, recording gameplay sucks.

I could rewrite Mupen64K to support advanced recording/playback, and coming to think of it... I might do it when I'm done with some things, thanks Banned User BHLRMO... you sparked some of my interests again.
You know just cuss in you eyes its a horrible guide doesn't mean you can flame. Seriously just because you know c++ doesn't mean your the smartest in the world and have to be a cocky prick. Seriously no one will switch to mupen64k no matter how much you work on it so why don't you just stop k? Also out of all the people i have talked to no one i know actually likes you so just gtfo and get a life k? ^^

By the way learn to spell. ^^

okaygo

Smash Journeyman

You know just cuss in you eyes its a horrible guide doesn't mean you can flame. Seriously just because you know c++ doesn't mean your the smartest in the world and have to be a cocky prick. Seriously no one will switch to mupen64k no matter how much you work on it so why don't you just stop k? Also out of all the people i have talked to no one i know actually likes you so just gtfo and get a life k? ^^

By the way learn to spell. ^^
It is a horrible guide, you're using sub-optimal methods of recording.

1) You are not even recording individual Vertical Interrupts, you are simply doing a 'layer' capture at 60fps. On top of that this method of recording most likely will not work with users who do not have a 'What U Here' enabled sound card. (This is because it is a 'layer' capture)
2) The method hogs computer resources during games creating more desynch and lag. Regardless of what you say this is true, even though you might not feel it. Try recording at a real 60fps rate.
3) You choose to use a lossly video codec, compared to use x264 which is far superior in every aspect.
4) Your choice of uncompressed sounds doubles or triples the file size.

Anyways for my closer a little tit for tat...

You know just cuss* in you* eyes its* a horrible guide doesn't mean you can flame. Seriously just because you know c++ doesn't mean your* the smartest in the world and have to be a cocky prick. Seriously no one will switch to mupen64k no matter how much you work on it so why don't* you just stop k*? Also out of all the people i* have talked to no one i* know actually likes you so just gtfo and get a life k*? ^^

Versus:

Horrible guide, sub-optimal video codec, no sound compression. I don't agree with the method of recording either, however due to Project64K's closed source, and the stuborness* of Smash Players, recording gameplay sucks.

---

I didn't say anything about people switching, I said you sparked my interest. Anyways, I think what I'm going to do is write a KailleraClient hack which support universal gameplay recording/playback. Then write a set of plugin hacks (one for audio, video) that allow the user to capture internal sound/video from the start of game. This should allow smart users to use a program such as mencoder to dub video/audio and create a real time playback (no lag visible) of a match. This should also let users replay games in real time (however it might need to make artificial lag to compensate for randomization events), however because it only captures individual frames the lag would disappear in capture mode.

- okaygo

PS: I guess you don't talk to many people.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
It is a horrible guide, you're using sub-optimal methods of recording.

1) You are not even recording individual Vertical Interrupts, you are simply doing a 'layer' capture at 60fps. On top of that this method of recording most likely will not work with users who do not have a 'What U Here' enabled sound card. (This is because it is a 'layer' capture)
2) The method hogs computer resources during games creating more desynch and lag. Regardless of what you say this is true, even though you might not feel it. Try recording at a real 60fps rate.
3) You choose to use a lossly video codec, compared to use x264 which is far superior in every aspect.
4) Your choice of uncompressed sounds doubles or triples the file size.

Anyways for my closer a little tit for tat...

You know just cuss* in you* eyes its* a horrible guide doesn't mean you can flame. Seriously just because you know c++ doesn't mean your* the smartest in the world and have to be a cocky prick. Seriously no one will switch to mupen64k no matter how much you work on it so why don't* you just stop k*? Also out of all the people i* have talked to no one i* know actually likes you so just gtfo and get a life k*? ^^

Versus:

Horrible guide, sub-optimal video codec, no sound compression. I don't agree with the method of recording either, however due to Project64K's closed source, and the stuborness* of Smash Players, recording gameplay sucks.

---

I didn't say anything about people switching, I said you sparked my interest. Anyways, I think what I'm going to do is write a KailleraClient hack which support universal gameplay recording/playback. Then write a set of plugin hacks (one for audio, video) that allow the user to capture internal sound/video from the start of game. This should allow smart users to use a program such as mencoder to dub video/audio and create a real time playback (no lag visible) of a match. This should also let users replay games in real time (however it might need to make artificial lag to compensate for randomization events), however because it only captures individual frames the lag would disappear in capture mode.

- okaygo

PS: I guess you don't talk to many people.

Lol ok i'l just say this. People are not going to use your recording program till it comes out. Quit talking like you already have it done. When you get it done THEN you can complain at my method of recording. Majority of the smashers that record use this record technique...Pretty much thats all i got to say.

P.s. Name some people who actually like u as a friend other then paramount. Cuss i got a whole lot of friends who know you and they all think your a cocky prick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom