• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to put stages/music in hackless Project m?

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
How does this help? BRRES Viewer attempts to put trojans in my computer and doesn't exactly seem to help me in any way.

EDIT: Never mind, I opened it via BrawlBox and it works fine.

Last edited:

reportingsfnoobs

Smash Apprentice
How can I rename a song after replacing it? I wanted to replace the Metroid Ending theme with the Fire Field theme with F-Zero GX but I want it to display as "Feel Our Pain (F-Zero GX)".
There's actually quite a few steps. I found it long at first, but now it's second nature. I'll simplify each step so you can easily follow.

The easiest way to rename song files is to download and run BrawlBox v0.63. You can find the download here. It's under "Downloads" by Kryal. When you're done, extract everything to a new folder.

Do the steps as you read them so you don't get lost.

Step 1
Run the BrawlBox application. You can tell which one to open because only one is listed as an application.

Step 2
You need to have your SD card or your PM folder with the files in the computer. It's easier if you just stick your SD card in.

File -> Open -> Computer -> Removable Disk (G) -> projectm -> pf -> info2 -> info.pac

Click MiscData[140]. Highlight the first title to the right of it. The way to find the title you're looking for is to press the first letter continuously. The song title you want to replace is "Ending (Metroid)", so press "E" until it highlights it. There's a box where you can type. Replace the title with "Feel Our Pain (F-Zero GX)". Click Save after.

Step 3
Right click MiscData[140] -> Export -> Desktop -> Save

Step 4
Back to BrawlBox application -> File -> Open -> Removable Disk (G) -> projectm -> pf -> menu2 -> mu_menumain.pac

Right click MiscData[7] -> Replace -> Desktop -> MiscData[140] -> Save

You're done! Export your SD card and see for yourself when you play.

info2 shows the song title and the start of the game, while menu2 shows the song titles in the menu.

Last edited:

Sandfall

Stage Designer
There's actually quite a few steps. I found it long at first, but now it's second nature. I'll simplify each step so you can easily follow.

The easiest way to rename song files is to download and run BrawlBox v0.63. You can find the download here. It's under "Downloads" by Kryal. When you're done, extract everything to a new folder.

Do the steps as you read them so you don't get lost.

Step 1
Run the BrawlBox application. You can tell which one to open because only one is listed as an application.

Step 2
You need to have your SD card or your PM folder with the files in the computer. It's easier if you just stick your SD card in.

File -> Open -> Computer -> Removable Disk (G:) -> projectm -> pf -> info2 -> info.pac

Click MiscData[140]. Highlight the first title to the right of it. The way to find the title you're looking for is to press the first letter continuously. The song title you want to replace is "Ending (Metroid)", so press "E" until it highlights it. There's a box where you can type. Replace the title with "Feel Our Pain (F-Zero GX)". Click Save after.

Step 3
Right click MiscData[140] -> Export -> Desktop -> Save

Step 4
Back to BrawlBox application -> File -> Open -> Removable Disk (G:) -> projectm -> pf -> menu2 -> mu_menumain.pac

Right click MiscData[7] -> Replace -> Desktop -> MiscData[140] -> Save

You're done! Export your SD card and see for yourself when you play.

info2 shows the song title and the start of the game, while menu2 shows the song titles in the menu.
Or you could just use Brawl Song Manager which is much more user friendly than Brawlbox.

Johny_Olde

Smash Cadet
I have a question. Is it possible to separate stages like Fourside and New Pork City cuz' they're alternate. I want to have some stages made separately and put songs on each stage. I was told that you can't. Can you? And how to do that?

If you can't add more slots for songs, then can you move some out of a stage to another? Can you delete songs?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I have a question. Is it possible to separate stages like Fourside and New Pork City cuz' they're alternate. I want to have some stages made separately and put songs on each stage. I was told that you can't. Can you? And how to do that?
You can separate stages but it's not as simple as taking new pork and giving it it's own stage slot. It'd need to either occupy a different stage slot entirely or occupy an expansion slot, the latter of which comes with only one song.
If you want the stage over another slot, just take it's base file (STGNEWPORK/STGNEWPORK_Z), rename it for the stage you now wish to occupy, and then convert a .rel file for that slot. You can convert rel files here: www.lakora.us/rel/

If you want the alternate over an expansion slot, look into: http://smashboards.com/threads/stage-expansion-template-for-pm-3-6-final-four-versions.345936/unread

If you can't add more slots for songs, then can you move some out of a stage to another? Can you delete songs?
There are codes floating around that allow you to give one stage another's tracklist, but not with the kind of control you're imagining. You can't simply pull desired tracks and slap them onto the slot you want. Deleting them also doesn't exist.

Avoid necro-bumping irrelevant threads as well.

Last edited:

Johny_Olde

Smash Cadet
You can separate stages but it's not as simple as taking new pork and giving it it's own stage slot. It'd need to either occupy a different stage slot entirely or occupy an expansion slot, the latter of which comes with only one song.
If you want the stage over another slot, just take it's base file (STGNEWPORK/STGNEWPORK_Z), rename it for the stage you now wish to occupy, and then convert a .rel file for that slot. You can convert rel files here: www.lakora.us/rel/

If you want the alternate over an expansion slot, look into: http://smashboards.com/threads/stage-expansion-template-for-pm-3-6-final-four-versions.345936/unread

There are codes floating around that allow you to give one stage another's tracklist, but not with the kind of control you're imagining. You can't simply pull desired tracks and slap them onto the slot you want. Deleting them also doesn't exist.

Avoid necro-bumping irrelevant threads as well.
Haha, well that makes editting PM very limited. I wonder how others were able to add more stages and songs. I'm sure there HAS to be a way. I'll look into the expansion slot you suggest but tell me in short words what it can allow you to do? The kinds of things I'm asking I hope?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Haha, well that makes editting PM very limited.
Not really. You just gotta do things a certain way.

I wonder how others were able to add more stages and songs. I'm sure there HAS to be a way. I'll look into the expansion slot you suggest but tell me in short words what it can allow you to do? The kinds of things I'm asking I hope?
Literally stage expansion. Custom builds like this and this all use Stage Expansion or ASL to add more stages.

Stage expansion gives you up to approx. 32 blank stage "slots" for you to fill up with whatever you want. The only limitation being that each one of those slots has 1 song that corresponds to it, not a full tracklist like say, battlefield.
On top of that, you can use the Alternate Stage Loader, or ASL, to increase the number of stages you have as well by giving existing stages alternates that are loaded under the same slot as it (think New Pork and Fourside).

Last edited:

Nick Smash

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4355-9900-3491
Can anybody help me out? I downloaded Mario Maker Stage over Padobon stage or whatever it's called but when I replaced the files all I got was a pitch black stage. I used Brawl Stage Manager.

Top Bottom