• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to punish some Sheik stuff

JoeTango

It Takes Two
I've got a few questions regarding punishing, more specifically Sheik. I play against this Sheik who I can read like a picture book, but miss a lot of the punishes for some reason. Just wanted to get some input on what you guys what do in these situations, cause what I'm doing isn't the best I don't think.

1.Sheik runs off stage and jumps back with a bair (I either wavedash away or get hit)

2.Sheik is standing around and walking around looking for a grab (I either laser camp a lil or get grabbed)

3.Sheik is tossing out a **** load of ftilits and utilts and dtilits oh my! (idk I just get bopped those moves are so fast and combo into eachother fkin easy mode)

4. Sheik throws out a fair when recovering (stay on stage as long as possible is what I try to do but that lets her back most the time)

I win 95% of the matches I play against this Sheik but I feel like it should be 100%. Lemme know what you all what do if you knew Sheik was gonna do these things

sry for crap formatting thanks for any responses <3 go falco

GenNyan

Smash Ace
1. I'd probably let her jump off and stay on the stage to keep her in a bad spot.
2. Yeah, lasers, spot dodges, maybe try to bait it out.
3. Spaced AC Bairs/ Utilts maybe?
4. Grab ledge and punish her lag with whatever. Refresh invincibility if she tries to hit you on the ledge.

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
I've got a few questions regarding punishing, more specifically Sheik. I play against this Sheik who I can read like a picture book, but miss a lot of the punishes for some reason. Just wanted to get some input on what you guys what do in these situations, cause what I'm doing isn't the best I don't think.

1.Sheik runs off stage and jumps back with a bair (I either wavedash away or get hit)

2.Sheik is standing around and walking around looking for a grab (I either laser camp a lil or get grabbed)

3.Sheik is tossing out a **** load of ftilits and utilts and dtilits oh my! (idk I just get bopped those moves are so fast and combo into eachother fkin easy mode)

4. Sheik throws out a fair when recovering (stay on stage as long as possible is what I try to do but that lets her back most the time)

I win 95% of the matches I play against this Sheik but I feel like it should be 100%. Lemme know what you all what do if you knew Sheik was gonna do these things

Just stay center stage if you know she's gonna do it.
Just beat out her grab with lasers and good approaches.
Run away and reset to neutral.
CC it, or just be as the safest you know you can be.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord

My bro is a Sheik main, so here's what I've got:

1.) Stay away from her and shoot a laser. They may get annoyed, but it looks to me like free damage. If you've got the read, you might even be able to full jump over it and dair her as a way to call her out.

2.) Lock her down with lasers. She's fast, but lasers are super useful. Slow laser approaches leading into laser jab grab should discourage her a lot. Laser jab grab's been pretty successful for me.

3.) AC bair or full jump dair (dont miss the L-Cancel) should stuff those tilts pretty fast. If you get hit, just remember that most of her combos aren't guaranteed. DI usefully and don't miss your techs. A lot of Sheik combos go super fast, and if you miss techs you'll have a ton of % super fast. This is a reality of Sheik that everybody has to know... my bro can take me from 0-82ish% really quickly because he finds a single opening.

4.) If Sheik is attempting to recover and goes too close to the stage, her fault. I know for a fact that Falco's fsmash outspaces her fair, so make sure he knows it, too.

Also, you can't win everything. My bro knows for a fact that my Marth in particular is world's better than his Sheik is, but he still beats me pretty often. With regular trading partners, expect to see constant adaptation and reads between the both of you. The longer you two play, the more even your sets will probably get. It's just a reality of fighting the exact same person over and over again.

Top Bottom