• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to punish airdodges and rolls?

LP-800

Smash Rookie
The more I play Ryu the more I think he's the worst character in the game because he has absolutely NO way to punish rolls or airdodges I recently broke my 3DS because I got 0%'d by someone who kept airdodging and rolling and I couldn't punish

HoodedAltair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoodedAltair
3DS FC
4442-0574-6679
Dude....what's up with your false claims and exaggerations lol! If someone air dodges, and you baited it, then you can punish with literally any aerial of ground option if they air dodge into the ground. Of course if they air dodge you're attack they will not get punished because they dodged your attack and that's what air dodging is for.

As far as rolling, if you read a roll its a free punish, shoryuken at kill percent, combo moves at low-mid percents. If you want to discourage rolling, use hadoukens, if you want to cover many roll options, dash attack and tatsu are risky but will do the job. Don't complain about problems that aren't real and as EmblemLord put it "git gud". Next time don't claim there's no options but simply ask what options can you use. :D

Top Bottom