• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how to pull off consecutive Bairs

samdaballer

Smash Ace
hey guys, i've been really getting into d3 lately and i love using him, the only problem i have is doing consecutive bairs off the stage to kill my opponent. i always turns around and end up doing a fair. How can i stop doing this and star bairing the **** out of a mutha ******

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I usually just bair then jump and bair again. If I can do 2 consecutively without jumping then I do, ubt if I can't I jump to get an extra in.

Waddle

Smash Ace
Bair first then jump, its actually quite easy. Try it out :_). Do it the same way you did Wall of Pain with Jiggz in Melee.

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
don't press the control stick against the enemy when you press the jump button, or you'll turn.

samdaballer

Smash Ace
Bair first then jump, its actually quite easy. Try it out :_). Do it the same way you did Wall of Pain with Jiggz in Melee.

but with jiggs i would seriosuly fly off the stage and keep bairing, with d3, i just bair and cant keep a consistent height or move along horizontally just bairing like i could with jiggs

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Set tap to jump on.

it is much easier to do a Bair WOP if you jump with the control stick, as in order to jump, you cant be DIing towards your opponet to do a Fair.

so up on control stick(jump), then side on the control stick(DI) and Bair(Cstick)
repeat three times, then, on our last jump
jump with X while DIing towards the other guy, for a Fair to be the last hit. that way the kill move is not stale.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Set tap to jump on.

it is much easier to do a Bair WOP if you jump with the control stick, as in order to jump, you cant be DIing towards your opponet to do a Fair.

so up on control stick(jump), then side on the control stick(DI) and Bair(Cstick)
jump with X while DIing towards the other guy, for a Fair to be the last hit. that way the kill move is not stale.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Set tap to jump on.

EDIT:
LOL,
what the frack?

I only clicked the post button once.

Coen, if you are reading this, please delete this post and the one above.

really_calm

Smash Journeyman
yeah I'm having trouble learning to Bair across the stage without turning around between the jumps

just takes practice. Point the joystick forward when you jump and DI back and Bair then repeat?

Drack

Smash Apprentice
Bair IMMEDIATELY as your jump.

I jump with X. if I am holding back and quickly press XA I bair without turning around.

You only turn around if you jump while NOT aerialing. That's all there is to it.

If I want to turn around, I just press X while holding back. If I want to bair I XA.

Having to jump with your Bairs is nothing huge to deal with, as there's enough lag that you'd have to anyway if it's not your last bair before landing.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace

I jump with X. if I am holding back and quickly press XA I bair without turning around.

You only turn around if you jump while NOT aerialing. That's all there is to it.

If I want to turn around, I just press X while holding back. If I want to bair I XA.

Having to jump with your Bairs is nothing huge to deal with, as there's enough lag that you'd have to anyway if it's not your last bair before landing.
If this works, it sounds like the easiest way, assuming the timing isn't too unforgiving.

The c-stick method would also be easy, but I hate tap jump.

What I've trained myself to do is keep the control stick neutral while hitting jump, then immediately start pressing back again. It's almost the same as the simultaneous thing Drack is talking about, the only difference is I didn't know it could be simultaneous so I am just doing it in quick succession. I'll try out his method!

Doval

Smash Lord
I do it how Drack suggests. He hit the nail right on the head by the way - it's just a matter of cancelling the turn-around animation with your attack. How you do the inputs is a matter of personal preference, but as long as you can consistently attack right after the jump you'll have no problems.

meestertiny

Smash Cadet
all it takes is some familiarization with the sequence.
it took me a while, but I now I can control 90% of my aerials' directions, whether it be fair or bair

to continue bairing.. tap your jump button without tilting the control stick in any way---> then you can DI after the jump and do up to 2 bairs

don't worry, it'll become a reflex in no time.

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
Super easy way to do consecutive back airs.

Do a jumping back air from the ground (not sure it's required but it starts me turned around)
Hold Perfectly back (not at a diagonal)
Then use Y or X and A not cstick (cstick will turn you around)

Note: I have no idea if this works if you delay the consecutive back airs. I usually do them right after another to make a wall of back airs. So I might be buffering the back air (not sure on the buffer system) but I have done back airs like this to chain 4 at a time to my friend's mario and diddy

edit. Drack already said it shame on me

Anklez15

Smash Apprentice
so do u want to RAR or just do consecutive bairs. cuz if u do just liek turn off tap jamp and jump b air with c stick while di ing towards the person and if u do this it should work

showmeyagoose

Smash Cadet
if you bair a split second before you jump again you wont turn around in midair, and you can keep your direction.
i find it useful to turn around after a bair though, the enemy is usually magnified and an Fair will finish them off easily

Top Bottom