• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to properly approach Robin?

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
First off, I apologize if this is in the wrong section, I can't seem to find a Jigglypuff Q and A thread, so I'm assuming that doesn't exist.

Secondly, how would I approach a Robin who constantly shield grabs, which happens to be a common punish to aerial moves, namely the ones I'm using as Jigglypuff? Do I actually have to approach via ground or is there way I can approach from the air safely without the significant risk of being punished by a shield grab on my aerial? Can I mix up my aerials in a way so i don't necessarily have to get punished?

Sorry for this probably silly question, I just can't seem to find a answer to it, and it's starting to bother me.

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
The trick to playing an intimidating Jigglypuff is knowing when not to attack. A simple retreating short hop can bait him into following us, possibly into a dash attack or (El/Arc)Thunder/Thoron, the latter we can duck under. If we just jump past him, his shield grab is useless, meaning he has to resort to attacks like Usmash, Utilt, or Dsmash. Since jumping has no additional landing lag, we can safely shield his attack and go for a shield grab of our own or aerial.

The only other thing I'd advise is to beware his Smash Aerials. They hit us like a truck and come out fairly quick.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
The trick to playing an intimidating Jigglypuff is knowing when not to attack. A simple retreating short hop can bait him into following us, possibly into a dash attack or (El/Arc)Thunder/Thoron, the latter we can duck under. If we just jump past him, his shield grab is useless, meaning he has to resort to attacks like Usmash, Utilt, or Dsmash. Since jumping has no additional landing lag, we can safely shield his attack and go for a shield grab of our own or aerial.

The only other thing I'd advise is to beware his Smash Aerials. They hit us like a truck and come out fairly quick.
Thank you, I think this will definitely help me with my problem.:)

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
Yeah. Play defensively and don't approach him (or defensive spacing and attacks). Dodge his projectiles and make him realize that he needs to approach you. Getting him off stage using this is helpful as well, because Robin is easily ledge guarded.

Top Bottom