• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to prevent thumbs cramps from attempting to wavedash/shine like the pros??!!

Satch

Smash Rookie
Hey all!

This is a stupid thread but I wanted to know if it's normal to have sore thumbs after practicing wavedashing. This is mainly a question for advanced players or anyone else really. When you started out did your fingers hurt? I feel like the reason why I can't input buttons is because my fingers are not used to moving quick enough to perform advanced techniques but I am trying my best to improve.

Haha much appreciated to anyone who will even read my thread. :006:

Esther

Smash Rookie
use this c: /watch?v=0TiaZ4OjIaY never had hand cramps ever since : D

crimsonfail

Smash Rookie
You should stretch before playing if You get cramps. When i Play for more than 2 hours at a time I find my wrists aching, but if I stretch then I don't get this issue.
also with time and practice your hands will become faster and you will be able to pull off some crazy ****.

SAUS

Smash Ace
I used to a long time ago (first 2 months into learning advanced techniques, maybe less, and that was in 2006).

I either got used to it or started pressing the stick less hard. It wasn't so much cramps as it was just the feeling of having a bruise on the tip of my left thumb. I would just hurt to play for too long or too many days in a row.

Top Bottom