• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to prepare mentally, physically, and emotionally for a tournament?

VaLoR_Ryan

Smash Cadet
NNID
VaLoR_Ryan
Just a question to the community. How do you prepare yourself mentally, physically and emotionally for a tournament? I am just trying to figure out a good method when it comes to preparing myself for a tournament. Does what you eat effect your play style? Drinking good amounts of water help? Listening to Music? What you wear? What do you focus on before a match? I tend to get extremely nervous and my hands start to sweat and I tend to lose track of what my opponent is doing and focus on myself. Anything helps I just want to know how each player prepares themselves before and during a tournament! Thanks!
:foxmelee:~MH | VaLoR

Last edited:
Good sleep, good food, and sit ups to boost my energy. Water to help keep me hydrated and an energy drink for a last tournament set survival boost. I play best when a crowd is watching me, either online or in person. I prefer in person

Kaibo

Smash Cadet
To me it really doesn't matter what I eat/wear but enough sleep is important

Top Bottom