• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to practice the punish game as falco?

Pygmy_

Smash Rookie
Recently my practice partners have gotten rather consistent at di-ing my shines, and as such I have been having trouble following up. I don't get to practice with them enough, so I was wondering if any of you have any tips or strategies for practicing combos/punishes against the cpu.

Syix

Smash Rookie
I've had the same problem as you for a long time now(not being able to practice against people enough), recently I've been able to get my friends into smash more but we only play once a week together if we even practice that much. CPU's are pretty stupid in general and after practicing against them for a while and then trying to play a person they just screw you up. I've been using my little brother as somewhat of a practice dummy recently to practice new moves and getting off combos against a human opponent so if you could find someone who would just do what you tell them to then you can have practice against random di's otherwise maybe taping/rubber-banding a spare controller's analog stick one way so you can work on something that's di'ing even if it's the same direction and it will walk off the stage. Maybe there's some mod for pc where the cpu's di, but if you have a pc that can run smash at 60fps and good internet then you can go and play people on dolphin's netplay feature, and if that's a possibility, I'll play with you, my internet is kinda crummy but it works decently enough with someone who has good speeds, or maybe when I go to play with my friends we could all play you online to give you some more variety in your opponents.

Pygmy_

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the replies! I have been on dolphin as of late, however I notice there is a slight difference with timings due to the buffer. Does that ever effect your game play on gamecube?

Haha yeah, I'm looking for a wii, so I can use 20XX.

Syix

Smash Rookie
You mean like the buffer online? My internet's so crappy I can only get rid of that if I'm matched up with someone who has near-godly speeds haha. I mainly just stick to practicing tech skills and a little bit of spacing on my computer. I haven't noticed much of an impact on my gamecube play just doing that.

What is 20XX? Some mod?

Top Bottom