• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to practice/perform nair up smash confirm

Difference

Smash Rookie
Been getting better at fox stuff like jablocks but still can’t figure this one out. Any tips?

Cam61

Smash Rookie
It has to be falling nair otherwise you can't confirm unless they don't tech or tech in place but at that point it's not a confirm it's reacting to their movement. Personally I prefer dair confirm or jab confirm because even while the timing and spacing is different from game to game I've been a fox main since the beginning of smash and they have always been a confirm so to me it just feels natural. Dragdown fair to up smash was my favorite confirm in 4 but they made the timing of it more difficult in ultimate so I wouldn't recommend unless you're 100% comfortable doing it otherwise you have easier strings that can garuntee a kill. Dragdown fair to down tilt though is a good vortex if you have the timing down for dragdown fair. In the end almost every move can confirm into up smash in this game it just varies on spacing, fast falling, using weak hitboxes, using it as a landing move rather than rising, or even auto cancelling.

Last edited:
Top Bottom