• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to practice multishining and Pillaring

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
i used to use this same method, it works pretty well. i was never sure if hitting a character was the same as hitting a shield tho, so eventually i stopped using it.

Smokey Huntz

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Eggm practiced this for a good portion of today and was able to fix some foxy problems

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
tried it against many char with the CC method

helped me with multishines instantly

and my shine turnataround bair/nair

and a lot of things tbh

Kaizer

Smash Journeyman
i love you eggm.

there should be more videos like this, where i.e pros i.e show how they do stuff!

Kaffie

Smash Rookie
Thanks alot man. I tried the star-thing but I didn't really like it. This method with a player 2 controller plugged in with auto CC is worth a handicap 9 Bowsers weight in gold.

Knut

Smash Apprentice
i do practice both this way and the star method.
isn't the star method good for practicing hitting someone's shield though?

i was under the impression it was the closest thing you could do to practice shield pressure... since the timing for hitting the opponent vs hitting opponent's shield(and while invincible with a star) varies a bit when you SHFFL.

rpotts

Smash Lord
I was actually under the impression that hitting someone's shield was the same as actually hitting them, i.e. hitlag=shieldlag. Also in the video eggm mentioned Starman method actually has a little more hitlag than someone's shield/hurtbox, I don't know for sure though.

Knut

Smash Apprentice
i honestly don't know, i guess maybe i just choke up when i'm actually pressuring someones shield with shffl shines and that's why it seems different to me. i just figured the timing is a bit different, since i've heard of people messing up shffls here and there on ice climbers shields. i use samus, so i'm not accustomed to the whole shffl'ing on persons shield thing >_<

Brookman

Smash Hero
Warning! The last reply to this thread was posted over a month ago. Please make sure you are not unnecessarily bumping this thread before replying.

^---- this is 2013 smashboads metagame.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
Yo i just wanna say i finally found the BEST way to practice this ****. SURE level 9 and handicap .5 damage reduction works but it still gets to an awkward knock back eventually.

You wanna know how you can go FOREVER? and the punching bag will NEVER move? its quite easy.

(requires 3 controllers)
Step 1: Pick Fox/Falco, Pick Bowser (or preferred punching bag), Pick ICE CLIMBERS!!!!

Step 2: Use the Climbers and Freeze Glitch the Bowser, Now he's STUCK no matter WTF you do to him.

ADDITIONAL NOTE: WHEN I PICKED BOWSER I USED THE TRICK TO SET IT SO THAT HE'S ALWAYS CROUCH CANCELING. I TRIED THIS ON DREAM LAND AT FIRST AND HE KEPT GOING UP AND UP AND UP. Using this CC method though when picking bowser seems to work?? because i'm like 90% sure that even if your freeze glitched you can DI multi hit attacks.

I realize this takes a bit longer to set up, but if you REALLY wanna practice your pressure try it out.

Feed back?

virtuososteve

Smash Apprentice
Yo i just wanna say i finally found the BEST way to practice this ****. SURE level 9 and handicap .5 damage reduction works but it still gets to an awkward knock back eventually.

You wanna know how you can go FOREVER? and the punching bag will NEVER move? its quite easy.

(requires 3 controllers)
Step 1: Pick Fox/Falco, Pick Bowser (or preferred punching bag), Pick ICE CLIMBERS!!!!

Step 2: Use the Climbers and Freeze Glitch the Bowser, Now he's STUCK no matter WTF you do to him.

ADDITIONAL NOTE: WHEN I PICKED BOWSER I USED THE TRICK TO SET IT SO THAT HE'S ALWAYS CROUCH CANCELING. I TRIED THIS ON DREAM LAND AT FIRST AND HE KEPT GOING UP AND UP AND UP. Using this CC method though when picking bowser seems to work?? because i'm like 90% sure that even if your freeze glitched you can DI multi hit attacks.

I realize this takes a bit longer to set up, but if you REALLY wanna practice your pressure try it out.

Feed back?
Thats pretty nifty but the whole purpose of having the bowser move is to simulate player DI and adjusting to it. I guess you're version is perfect for starting off to get the timing and speed down, the move to the normal way.

Nix

Smash Rookie
Almost obselete since there's 20XX melee now (infinite shield) tho I've used this method before

Archelon

Smash Journeyman
In your video you said that the starman adds a bit more hitlag: I'm actually pretty sure that it has the same amount as on shield, so by doing it with the handicap (for pillaring) I'm pretty sure that actually messes up your timing.

Top Bottom