• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Play Online

TimeMuffinPhD

PhD in time travel and muffins.
NNID
TimeMuffinPhD
Hey, first thread here. I've been getting quite into Brawl recently and my friends aren't always available to play with me, so I thought that playing online would be a good idea. However, my Wii can't seem to find an access point - which would be my router. Any ideas for settings I may have to change on my router etc? Also how is the online? I'm not sure if the net code is terrible or not. Anyway, thanks for any help.

Pizdek

Smash Rookie
to me Brawl wifi was terrible so far. I'm completely new to the game. I had one wifi match with an U.S. resident (I'm from Europe) so far, & the lag was beyond playable.:/
Basic Brawl roster "with anyone" never finds anyone, I just get stuck with the practice bag forever with noone registering.. I'm also wondering if I'm doing something wrong with my connection. Tho my Mario Kart wifi works smooth like a charm, so it must be the Brawl problem

link2702

Smash Champion
@pizdek

basic brawl matches you up with people from your own region....since you're from europe...honestly it just sounds like brawl is pretty much dead there then.

The US servers on basic brawl still get plenty of players, though not near as many as when it was first released(obviously) and so a lot of the time you do get paired up with the same players a lot.

Honestly your best bet is to look for other European players near you to exchange FC's with, you're not gonna find many in basic brawl it seems.

at the Topic creator..

honestly I'm not sure what to say to help you, I've never had an issue where the wii couldn't find the access point.

Though i'm sure others here can answer it so just be patient....

Pizdek

Smash Rookie
Thank you link, that clears up a whole lot to me - it bugged me like crazy, couldn't figure why it happens! Also, I am sad if this is the case cause it is one of the greatest games out there. I play with european players Animal Crossing City Folk and Mk basically every day, I hope I will find european Brawl players as well.

About the router problem, I remembered when I was searching for the possible lag fixes the other day, I came across a 3-part tutorial on how to force the router to dedicate a host to Wii, it can be seen here:

Anyways, try to login to your router by entering http://192.168.1.1/ or something similar to your browser (this address depends on the router model). From there you can learn and change your connection settings, and use them for the Wii Internet settings. I think you can create 3 different connection settings in the Wii, so you can play around with settings in each one of them until you find which one works the best.

TimeMuffinPhD

PhD in time travel and muffins.
NNID
TimeMuffinPhD
to me Brawl wifi was terrible so far. I'm completely new to the game. I had one wifi match with an U.S. resident (I'm from Europe) so far, & the lag was beyond playable.:/
Basic Brawl roster "with anyone" never finds anyone, I just get stuck with the practice bag forever with noone registering.. I'm also wondering if I'm doing something wrong with my connection. Tho my Mario Kart wifi works smooth like a charm, so it must be the Brawl problem
I actually got my wi-fi to work, so I can play online. The lag is quite bad when playing with someone from another region, as link2702 said. Add my friend code if you want, since I'm actually from the UK and we can play some games.

Top Bottom