• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How To Play Bowser On Battlefield?

danyal999

Smash Cadet
So I play against a mario regularly and I find that its so hard to land on battlefield (or dreamland). I do so well on all other stages but I feel that battlefield is bowsers worst stage. Is there any positives of playing bowser on a tri platform stage?

Big Sean

Smash Journeyman
The main advantage of bowser on a tri platform stage is that if you get a klaw, you can often take your opponent to the top platform for an earlier kill.

The secondary benefits are that you should be able to get landing traps on mario, almost as much as he can get them on you. When people land on platforms you should be able to easily nair and occasionally Bowser bomb them. Force them to feel uncomfortable with landing on a platform.

CreamyFatone

Smash Cadet
Fun fact: you can bomb to ledge from the side platforms on battlefield.

Also, you can go underneath Battlefield from the right side only.

There are also probably battlefield ledge shenanigans that every character gets.

Also, the stage is set high enough that most characters can't recover if they jump out of a Bowserside, making that a viable option.

I think Bowser mostly just wants to control the center on this stage. Also, you can throw someone onto a platform and try to tech chase them on it which Bowser is good at. The stage is actually quite small which is good against zoners.

K~G|Spacejam

Best data miner in Geelong. (Screw you KH)
Short hop down b reaches the lower platforms from the ground. If you can condition them to shield its free super early kills.

Dripple

Smash Cadet
NNID
qugasl09
3DS FC
1693-5939-6738
While I don't play Bowser my friend does and we play Battlefield often. Browser's nair has decent range and can rack up damage. Or you could bait out the Mario near the side if the stage then side B off it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom