• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Play as sonic using the WS+N control setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I'm sure most of you are wondering what WS+N is. Its Wiimote Sideways+Nunchuck. This type of control style uses the same attack functions as the Wiimote alone does. Except you use the nunchuck to perform moves easier and move around better.. This type of style or setup gives you a better ability to grab with using the C button to grab and the Z button to shield. While still retaining any type of skill you had if you have tried to use Wiimote before.

Some of the many things that you can do with this control setup that the Wiimote alone can't do is.
  • You can dash dance
  • You can foxtrot
  • You can short hop easier
  • fast falling i slightly more effective
  • Chaining grabs is much much easier along with shielding
  • wall jump to spin dashing back to the stage is very easy
  • Wall jump to ledge grab is possible with out worry of missing ledge
  • instant edgehog is possible

The way i have my controller setup up is the following:
  • 1 button is special attacks
  • 2 button is attack
  • C is grab
  • Z is shield
  • Tap jump is on
  • 1+2 is special(This makes spinshots easier)
  • Note-to spinshot just slide your finger from the 1 button to the 2 button quickly
  • the D-pad is used for taunting(this is optional)

If anyone has any further qeustions on how to perform certain moves with this style of controller feel free to ask. I just wanted to shed some light on a different style of controller in case anyone feels they need something new. Oh and plz refer to this style as WS+N.
:sonic:

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
When you say Wiimote sideways + Nunchuck, do you mean = or ||; because if you mean || then I don't get why you wouldn't just call it the Wiimote/Nunchuck setup, as that is what everyone has been calling it for over a year [except, maybe, you]. If you mean =, how are you holding the controllers?

Tenki

Smash Hero
I always called it wii-chuck =/

If you're holding it the 'standard' way that you'd hold the wii-chuck (in OSM's terms, like | | ), I had used default controls, except:
D-pad down for jump
D-pad side for special
B for shield

but it turned out my hands just wanted something similar to a GC controller, so I bought a new one and used that instead.

Tenki

Smash Hero
oh, okay.

Well, that makes more sense.

But the question the OP should have been addressing isn't how it's better than wii-mote alone (because EVERYTHING is better than wii-mote alone), but how is this better than the regular Wii-chuck hold?

I mean, this way, it feels like you're losing a bit more functionality.

Sure, it might be easier to shorthop than a wii-mote alone but is it easier to shorthop this way than if you were holding it regularly?

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
And they said my topic was useless.

:093:
In Mic's terms, this thread has yet to be determined to be a D-

although I remain quite skeptical, I'd also think you'd be excited for more spinshot.

Being forced to use tap-jump is really lame though; goodbye Hyphen smash, DACUS, hello accidental jumps when meaning to use Utilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom