• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how to pillar marth

Rlagkrud

Smash Cadet
Is there a tutorial on how to properly pillar marth?
I'm able to do it on fast fallers (fox, falco, falcon), but marth always seems to be able to throw out a move.
Or is there a percentage range which pillaring is guaranteed (on FD).

My flowchart is dair, shine, wavedash out of shine, jump, douple jump asap, fast fall, dair, rinse and repeat.
But for this after the last dair, by the time im level with the marth, he's already out of hitlag and can react.
I've seen westballz do a dair before his fast fall (pretty much during his double jump). Is that how you have to do it?

Any help would be great. Thanks!

Last edited:

vexoskeleton

Smash Apprentice
I would also recommend sh fair on marth cause if you space it an ok decent you can shield poke on his head easily and get two hits of fair till kinda high percent. You need to be closer if you are hitting from their front though since their head is more towards the back of the shield. This is all if they don't angle shield though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom