• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to overcome Zamus's greatest weakness?

Illussionary

Smash Journeyman
Yup, I really hate her Up+B Recovery it seems whenever I'm fighting someone smart all they do is smash me off the stage (You can't shield and dodge everything) and then edgehog me to my death. Is there anything I can do to get them off that edge, or is it a built in gimp for ZSS?

Please and Thank You

Evilpenguin

Smash Cadet
It's a built in gimp for all tethers. It's even worse for a character like Olimar. With zamus you can use the b-down jump to gain some more distance before trying to Bup.

You can also try attacking the enemy on the ledge if you are close enough.

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
Her short hop height is worse than her recovery.

She has amazing DI and a really good second jump that pretty much always gets her back on the ledge (save the second jump to fair edgehoggers). You can >B really quickly and from great distance away so you can recover before the guy has the change to edgehog you most of the time. She can VB at the beginning of her knockback for additional leverage+distance.

Her short hop aerials not being able to punish laggy moves/perfect shields is her worst aspect. Of course you can punish laggy moves/spotdodge/perfect shield with a dtilt/uptilt, but at high percentage, its just more efficient to just bair opponents than bother launching them in the air (which she can't do due to her short hop).

BANSHI

Smash Cadet
i dont think i've been in a situation where i have to turn the flip kick around to recover, but knowing the timing is important

Snakeee

Smash Master
....Uh, her recovery is actually good. Make sure you Up B on your jumps too, it gives you alot more height. (no not to grab the ledge) Her greatest weakness is probably her weak priority though.

Pi

Smash Hero
Is there any way to direct your Down B? Or is it whichever way you are facing? If so can you change your direction mid-air any way to jump the opposite direction?

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
Yeah, point the stick in the direction you want to jump, like so.

facing right, stick should point to the lower left, and then push down B, or vice versa, and it will send you in the opposite direction, or pointed in the same direction you are facing to ensure you go forward, also, stick direction affects your spike kick that you can follow up with after using your down-B.

Top Bottom