• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to not get lag after Sonic's down air?

Creamysan

Smash Rookie
Hello guys, I'm new to the forum and Smash, the last I played was Melee a long long time ago, but now i got interested to play this game competitively. So I was watching a guy playing Sonic in the replay mode of the 3DS version and he was cancelling the down air lag somehow. If someone knows how did he do it, or giveme a guide for sonic, I would really appreaciate it.

infomon

Smash Scientist
It's just a matter of starting the Dair high enough off the ground. Eventually you'll get used to what height you need to be for it to not have the terrible landing lag. It's pretty high up though; you can't just double-jump and then Dair. Need to use platforms or spring to get that high.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Yea the distance for it is pretty darn high, pretty sure its actually higher than Brawls autocancel. I used to use it all the time when I started playing Brawl lol.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
Is it just me, or is Sonic's Dair EVEN slower and more useless as an on-stage attack than it was in Brawl? Did it need a nerf?

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
I dunno, the distance needed to autocancel it feels to be much higher than Brawl but that may be due to the Spring not launching us as high.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Top Bottom