• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to not get gimped as Little Mac.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Ok, and what happens when they jump expecting an airdodge and wait for it to finish to attack or catch your land lag.
the real answer is to know your recovery options and not be in the situation to begin with. also you kind of have to accept it'll happen against Mac

kindacute

Smash Rookie
Fall into the stage what i found works for me is if they are being aggressive you have to get a read on the aerial and counter it. Remember you can't do a reactionary counter because its too slow. Read the aerial and punish with a counter you get a free recovery.

If they aren't playing the ledge aggressive fall into the stage and wall jump and side B to ledge you should sweet spot it.

Another thing if you notice them throwing out tilts and smashes at the edge what I've found that works is do a ledge jump you have to buffer it but you can do a Counter that will keep you on the ground instead of getting the full ledge jump

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Don't fall for counters. Just don't. An inexperienced player will immediately go for a counter to the Side B. Wait for that counter's window, and hit 'em hard with and early Haymaker punch... and recover!

Last edited:

Yoki

Smash Apprentice
Learn to sweetspot your Up B, it's often a much safer option than Haymaker. On Yoshi's Island and wall Omegas, you can do it out of a walljump from a wide range of depths if necessary.

Top Bottom