• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how to moonwalk and haxdash with Ganon?

Kiba

Smash Rookie
Hello, first time poster in the Ganondorf boards, long time reader, big fan of Ganondorf and have recently decided to move him from a pocket to my main, I was wondering if there is any way to practice Ganondorf's moonwalk such as finger exercises or something to get the speed of my fingers up, as well as how to efficiently haxdash with Ganon and do his other ledge techs efficiently such as uair from ledge, I can sticky walk and waveland pretty well and practice those on the regular and I just can't get these down, I'm also in the process of teaching myself to use y instead of x because it's a quicker movement to use it, any help is appreciated, thanks :)

Superspright

Smash Lord
If you're gonna play Ganondorf the 'hax dash' is the RLD or the reverse ledge dash. And, moonwalking with Ganondorf is almost useless. It can be done out of a waveland pretty well though. I use it to snag ledges. I also use the movement to do pivot turn arounds at the edge of platforms. Sticky walking is pretty easy. Doing the freeze walk is where it's at. You moonwalk then moonwalk back the other direction and his feet stay stuck through the floor. It's pretty funny looking then he starts running again. But on the serious...moonwalking = dumb mainly. I use it for style, and in VERY specific situations and that's it. The reverse ledge-dash is also not that useful. You can die first off, and secondly it doesn't change your position at all. It just gets you back to being on the ledge. It's nice and all, but if you can't do it 100% then it's worthless.

Kiba

Smash Rookie
If you're gonna play Ganondorf the 'hax dash' is the RLD or the reverse ledge dash. And, moonwalking with Ganondorf is almost useless. It can be done out of a waveland pretty well though. I use it to snag ledges. I also use the movement to do pivot turn arounds at the edge of platforms. Sticky walking is pretty easy. Doing the freeze walk is where it's at. You moonwalk then moonwalk back the other direction and his feet stay stuck through the floor. It's pretty funny looking then he starts running again. But on the serious...moonwalking = dumb mainly. I use it for style, and in VERY specific situations and that's it. The reverse ledge-dash is also not that useful. You can die first off, and secondly it doesn't change your position at all. It just gets you back to being on the ledge. It's nice and all, but if you can't do it 100% then it's worthless.
Thanks for the tips man, and I like playing flashy, I can get the start the moonwalk and get enough momentum to do a sh backwards fair or dair, and I would like to know how to freeze walk, do if you have any tips on that other than moonwalk then moonwalk opposite way that would be great :), and what are ledge optionsi should learn? I can do ledge dashes pretty well but I'll flub them sometimes and I just can't get the hang of uair ledge regrab or uair from ledge to stage

Superspright

Smash Lord
At the end of the first moonwalk you just repeat the action but the other way and you end up just standing there still for a few frames. It's very weird looking. Just learn how to ledge-dash and also how to use your invincibility on edge for tricks like ledge-drop getup jab and ledge-drop getup wizkick/gerudo dragon and other stuff. Ganondorf's invincibility at ledge is extremely important and you must know how to exploit it. Ganondorf is very safe once he touches the ledge if you have good control there.

I think that claw is a very useful way to hold the controller for Ganondorf's ledge options. Others disagree, but I like being able to use c-stick to get off of the ledge (this is so I don't fast fall). Uair regrab is very important against characters whose UP-B's have hitboxes. It's mostly used against Marth since it screws him up hard.

Kiba

Smash Rookie
At the end of the first moonwalk you just repeat the action but the other way and you end up just standing there still for a few frames. It's very weird looking. Just learn how to ledge-dash and also how to use your invincibility on edge for tricks like ledge-drop getup jab and ledge-drop getup wizkick/gerudo dragon and other stuff. Ganondorf's invincibility at ledge is extremely important and you must know how to exploit it. Ganondorf is very safe once he touches the ledge if you have good control there.

I think that claw is a very useful way to hold the controller for Ganondorf's ledge options. Others disagree, but I like being able to use c-stick to get off of the ledge (this is so I don't fast fall). Uair regrab is very important against characters whose UP-B's have hitboxes. It's mostly used against Marth since it screws him up hard.
thanks for the help man, much appreciated :)

Top Bottom